Toledo Bend info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oilman66

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Would anyone happen to have GPS coordinates for some of the old towns/cemeteries lying at the bottom of Toledo Bend? Also, info on the closest boat launches to these sites would be helpful as I'm planning on making a trip there within the next month or two. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanx

Oilman, did you ever find any more info on Teledo Bend? I never knew that people dove it.

You probably already know, but there is this website, http://www.toledo-bend.net/scuba/index.asp?isflash=yes ,and they operate in the area. There site speaks of the cemetaries and towns but doesn't offer much more. Perhaps a phone call will provide some info.

Good luck and please post here if you find anything.

mzenzer, I dove there for my certification dives- but only on the Texas side on the south end (site 7). I've since moved from the area and haven't had a chance to get back up to the LDS for quite some time to find more info. I plan on calling them probably next week. The last time I was up there (March), the LDS said they going to get copies of some maps of the different dive sites in the area. I don't know if they would still have any in stock or whether or not these will include GPS coordinates, but I will check and will post any info I find.

The best diving at Toledo is in the river downstream of the dam when they are not generating. Max depth about 25-30 feet sand and rock bottom, visibility 10 to 15. Possible to find shark teeth petrafied wood and indian artifacts. There is a number you can call to get the generating schedual. Dick Wilgus who owns Dive Toledo is a great guy and has a large collection of vintage diving equipment on display in his shop.

Captain

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom