TOO much rain!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

they just said in the news that there is one spot on the island that got 2' of rain in a 24 hour period...that can't be good...

We made CNN with all the rain. It looked like an aerial of the pineapple fields. They looked like rice paddies.... I dive today, bet the viz is poor. Sounds like Macro Leesa, what do you say?

Well I just drove around the island....starting from Haleiwa the ground was very dark red and the roads were dirty, but not more than ususal. At Wiamea (sp) beach the water was a bit dirty and the was some surf. Sharks Cove and 3 tables were pretty empty. Kahuku was very wet. The shrimp ponds were either very full or empty. There were a couple of Taro fields that were flooded and the side roads were pretty muddie. Starting at around Crouching Lion the water and beaches were VERY dirty, there were a couple of smaller land slides and the road had broken away in a couple of spots on the ocean side (about a foot into the road side). There was another spot that was totally collapsed not part of the road it was like a concrete river bed. The military was there fixing it. The Pali was blocked on Friday because of the gushing waterfalls, but I didn't see any damage from that....

justleesa:
Well I just drove around the island....starting from Haleiwa the ground was very dark red and the roads were dirty, but not more than ususal. At Wiamea (sp) beach the water was a bit dirty and the was some surf. Sharks Cove and 3 tables were pretty empty. Kahuku was very wet. The shrimp ponds were either very full or empty. There were a couple of Taro fields that were flooded and the side roads were pretty muddie. Starting at around Crouching Lion the water and beaches were VERY dirty, there were a couple of smaller land slides and the road had broken away in a couple of spots on the ocean side (about a foot into the road side). There was another spot that was totally collapsed not part of the road it was like a concrete river bed. The military was there fixing it. The Pali was blocked on Friday because of the gushing waterfalls, but I didn't see any damage from that....
What are you talking about? We have perfect weather all the time. :14:

10" of snow last Thursday, going to 15 deg. F. tonight. Has'nt crossed over the freezing mark in nearly two weeks. The water temp is in the low 40's and 2' of vis is to be expected. If you try fresh water, you will crack your head on the ice first, then hit 34 deg. water. I PRAY for a little warm rain!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom