Top 10 MUST DO Keys dives....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. Eagle Wreck
2. Conch Wall
3. Molasses Deep
4. Winch Hole on Molasses Reef
5. Duane Wreck
6. Thunderbolt
7. Davis Deep
8. Adolpholus Busch Wreck
9. Bibb Wreck
10. Hens and Chickens

Not much reason to dive further south than Looe Key. I love diving the Thunderbolt.

because CRD is an Upper Keys dive operation.

You've been given lot's of good choices already. In addition to the Duane, Eagle, SG, Bibb (in that order in my book :) ), I nearly always see cool stuff on the deep drop-off drift dives like Conch Wall, Victory Wall, Molasses & Davis Deep, etc. IMO, these deeper reef dives are not to be missed.

Secret Garden .... about 20 ft. depth reef. Tons of fish including rays, moray, sharks and even a small pod of dolphin came by!

Hey Bruce, this is Jackie, with the blue "H"! I must agree with you on that one! Let me add one more to Secret Garden, we also saw a small octupus!

Top 2 must dive:
-Spiegel Grove (including swim throughs, if you are comfortable with that)
-French Reef (swimthroughs)

Who do you use for the Thunderbolt? Was on a private boat last time out.

Who do you use for the Thunderbolt? Was on a private boat last time out.

When I was in the Keys a couple of years ago, I went with Capt. Hooks out of Marathon. Excellent op, small boat, great crew all around.

I finally was able to dive Carysfort Reef earlier this month. Quite a treat, since its too far north for basically everyone but except the Garden Cove marina boats (Silent World, possibly Capt Slate?) to do as a half-day dive trip. The coral there is in remarkable condition... :D Otherwise I agree with all of the above. The Grove is just an amazing dive, words don't do it justice, its just so massive... :D

Since you didn't say Key Largo only, if I'm down near Key West the shallow reefs at Looe Key (off Big Pine Key) are also in fantastic shape and the vis is almost always better than the reefs the KW boats will take you to.

Dang it
tounge.gif
I have lived here way to long and I still can't get out to that reef...... Not that I have not tried but the boats always have some reason or another that keeps me from getting there. Dang it!!!!!
Lucky you:D that is suposed to be one of the top notch reefs in the Upper Keys, Due to the distance of the reef NO ONE wants to go out to it so it is full of life and beautiful. Lucky You:D DANG IT!!!! :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom