Top 3 sites East of India in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moby_

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm traveling to India for work and trying to decide on where to dive on the way back to California. What are your top 3 sites between India and CA, not including Hawaii?

I go to India to visit my folks once a year and almost always plan a dive trip in Asia when I'm there. How many days do you have for the trip? Everything I've listed below are trips that are easy to get to from major airports in India and that I've squeezed into a week or so (to/from Mumbai). Most of them also have flights towards east Asia that you can then build into a flight back home to SFO.

- Maldives (most convenient is a liveaboard as they start from the main atoll where the airport is)
- Bali
- Thailand (Phuket area is super convenient but if you have a few extra days, Similan Islands is better)
- Andaman Islands (you'll probably have to go back to India as there's practically no flights out towards East Asia)

If you have any domestic flights or connections within India, I would plan on planes being delayed 2hr on average. It's a total clusterfudge and I've missed connections more often than I care for. Something to keep in mind if you're planning on a liveaboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom