top resorts in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn:
The waters off the southwestern third or so of the island (including the part where the Presidente is) has been designated by the Mexican gov't. as a Marine Park, meaning you can't take anything out of the water there and really shouldn't touch anything. This area includes a lot of reef area with its attendant life, but also a lot of boring sand flats; that an area is under the "Marine Park" designation doesn't necessarily mean that there is anything in particular to see there.

The shore diving at the Presidente is as good as it gets anywhere else on the island except maybe Chankanaab Park, which is to say that you'll see some stuff there but it won't be much compared to just about any boat dive that you will do.

Cheers,

Gordon does it justice. The snorkelling out front of the Presidente is pretty good as far as snorkelling goes but nothing compared to the worst dive I have done there. Be careful with your shore diving the boat traffic is constant and close to shore.

dan,

3 days is such a short time, i'd concentrate on the diving it is really the "must do" thing on the island, if you have time San Gervasio is a nice late period mayan site, if your into the maya which is a second passion of mine. going to Coconuts on the Caribbean side of the island is really a nice setting with good food and killer margaritas.
I agree with some of the other guys, shore diving on Cozumel is not as good as getting out on the reefs, Chankanab Park has pretty good shore diving with some statues to see, and Hotel La Ceiba's shore dive is nice, but getting out on Palancar is the real treat and a 2 tank dive with someone like Blue Bubble or another operator with fast boats will get you back by noon so there's plenty of time for lunch and a rest before doing a shore dive.

FOOD!...Ernesto's is a good lunch place after diving, for dinner Prima's, northern itallian (our favorite place), Casa Denis, speciallizing in snapper, El Captain Navagante, specializing in grouper, La Mission classic mexican dishes...oh my the list goes on and on!!!!

have a great trip, leave some margaritas for this 'ol parrothead, i'm headed down in early Sept.

oh! and don't worry about the weather too much, it may rain in the afternoon for a short time, but that's the tropics.

God Bless,
deputydan1:
hey gang,

i think we're really planning on doing cozumel for the july 4th weekend..
can anyone tell me the absolute "must do's" for only a 3 day vacation!?

we want to get as much diving as possible, not spending too much time being shipped here and there....and we would also like the free shore diving from the hotel.....and last but not least, some good eating!

so! if you can give me some pointers, i would love you to death!

ps> thanks to james goddard.....been really helpful to me...as well as the rest of the board members.

pss> i can't wait to go!!! do you think the weather/storms will be ok for july 4th weekend???

take good care, all...

-dan

ONE MORE THING....

I LOVE YOU GUYS!
thanks for making this new passion such a wonderful blessing and experience.
I really am so thankful for having new "buddies" like ya'll..

i WILL post pics when i get back.....going from 7/3-7/6. short, but will try to make it sweet. i hope the water will be as clear as bora bora/moorea!

thanks again!

-dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom