top resorts in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey parro!
thanks again.....

have you stayed at those hotels?? which is nicest????

ps> wanna come along and be our personal tour guide??

I have stayed at the Hotel Barracuda low end probably wouldn't stay there again. We stay at the Hotel Cozumel it is mid range nice hotel large pool and hottub, beach club, 2 resturants and a grill area by the pool where they whip snacks like burgers etc. in the afternoon, suites our needs.

We have not stayed at the other hotels mentioned but Plaza las Glorias looks to be a nice hotel with ocean view rooms, was just recently sold to the Palace Hotel chain and is due to close for remodeling at the end of Aug. I have been in Scuba Club but it was long ago clean looking hotel right next to Hotel Cozumel. Caribe Blu is a favorite with divers small (recently renovated) all ocean view rooms small pool right south of Hotel Cozumel.

These places all have websites and others here on Scubaboard can probably give you detailed info on any particular questions you have.

Start a new thread and ask specfic questions about the hotel you choose. What are you looking for price wise and what ammenties? AI or not? large resort, small hotel? Lots of choices.

we stayed at barracuda 4 yrs ago, it was a place to sleep and thats all. did have tanks to use tho and cheep. get what you pay for i guess. staying at hotel czm monday, see what happens. :11:

ps> hey gordan,

thanks for that cozumel primer....good info!

ggunn:
Well, it's not nearly as far as some, like the Reef and Occidental, but it's farther than others, like Villablanca and Caribe Blu. The web page http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/Taxis.htm says it's a 45 peso ride to and from town; I think that's correct because it also says 35 pesos from Lorena (now Caribe Blu), and that was correct a month ago. It's probably about a 10-15 minute ride; too far to walk in a reasonable amount of time but not a bad jaunt in a cab to a restaurant.

I don't believe I have seen in your post if you are taking your family or another diving friend. That would greatly influence your decision. You mention "resort", that's what you want to look for if you have your family along. If you are just diving, don't need the "activities" of a resort, then I would recommend Caribe Blu. Their on site dive op is Blue Angel. Many use Blue Angel even if they are not staying at Caribe Blu because they are a great op. Very flexible, accommodating, small fast boats. The shore dive in front of their shop is great as shore dives in Cozumel go. Lot's of life, especially at night. Another great shore dive just south of them in front of the Casa Del Mar. You can take a tank and go up there via a two minute cab ride.
Parrotheaddiver is right on with his restaurant recommendations, I would add Sonora Grill to the list also.

good points indeed..
going with my buddy for life, my wife. she really likes the "nice" hotels.....so, i need to do the good hubby thing and find her one..

she's use to nice places since her work pays for nice hotels.....

do you think she'll be happy with caribe? it seems very cute and quaint. i have a feeling she'll like the intercontinental......or SCC....just a feeling...

Now we are on to something! Caribe Blu is not what you are looking for, neither is SCC. El Presidente Intercontinental will keep you a happily married man. If you have need for more beach diving go to Blue Angel, DelMar Aquatics, PLG, Papa Hogs and do your beach dives, will only cost you about $6.00 a tank I believe.

really? scc is not that plush, eh???

i will look more into the prez....

ps> is it expensive to take a ferry from cancun to coz??

thanks,

-dan

kevreid:
Now we are on to something! Caribe Blu is not what you are looking for, neither is SCC. El Presidente Intercontinental will keep you a happily married man. If you have need for more beach diving go to Blue Angel, DelMar Aquatics, PLG, Papa Hogs and do your beach dives, will only cost you about $6.00 a tank I believe.

FWIW, my wife, my mom, my daughter, and my sister all love Caribe Blu and would never ask to stay anywhere else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom