top resorts in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And I'll add that the difference between Caribe Blu and Scuba club is like night and day.

depends on what you mean by 'top resorts' the Grand is really nice and all-inclusive, but if you want to "do it all" is it pretty far south on the island and the cab ride is at least $12 one way into town.
La Ceiba is a nice, clean place and most of the rooms have been recently renovated, not all inclusive but they have a great shore dive, nice and shallow with remnants of a plane that was sunk in the '70's for a move just off shore and a dive shop on site, free tanks if you are staying there. they also have the only full-service photo shop on the island if you do underwater photography or want to rent a camera and give it a try. La Cieba may have an all-inclusive package, the El Cid company bought them a few years ago and have been trying different specials. it's only about 3 miles out of town and the cab fare is more like $3 one way.
I have heard that the Plaza las Glorias has a good shore dive also and is within walking distance of town.
El Presidente (about 5-6 miles out of town), is the only 5 star resort on the island, not AI, kind of expensive but worth the money, you can expect to pay about the same price as you would for an AI room there. They are close to Chankanab Park which has real good shore diving also, it is close to paradise reef which is one of the best shallow dives on the island, i've always had great dives on paradise.
Ok, now that your totally confused, i hope this has given you some more insight.

God Bless,

Anybody know what the "Trader Rating (0)" addition that we all have added to our profile means? I asked the admins via email and got no reply.

ggunn:
Anybody know what the "Trader Rating (0)" addition that we all have added to our profile means? I asked the admins via email and got no reply.

Gordon, I found this under group trips subforum.

ScubaBoard is pleased to announce the release of our trader rating system, a simple yet powerful utility designed to let you leave feedback for your fellow ScubaBoard traders. This feature allows you to leave comments regarding the purchase or sale of any item much like the feedback system used by eBay, BizRate and many other businesses. To use this feature simply view any member’s profile or post and click on their trader ranking id. You will then be taken to a page like http://www.scubaboard.com/traderratings.php?u=1 where you may submit feedback for the user. This feature is not meant to guarantee any individual buyer or seller but rather to give you a good indication of their past history and reputation with other board members!

thanks, sharky!

sharky60:
depends on what you mean by 'top resorts' the Grand is really nice and all-inclusive, but if you want to "do it all" is it pretty far south on the island and the cab ride is at least $12 one way into town.
La Ceiba is a nice, clean place and most of the rooms have been recently renovated, not all inclusive but they have a great shore dive, nice and shallow with remnants of a plane that was sunk in the '70's for a move just off shore and a dive shop on site, free tanks if you are staying there. they also have the only full-service photo shop on the island if you do underwater photography or want to rent a camera and give it a try. La Cieba may have an all-inclusive package, the El Cid company bought them a few years ago and have been trying different specials. it's only about 3 miles out of town and the cab fare is more like $3 one way.
I have heard that the Plaza las Glorias has a good shore dive also and is within walking distance of town.
El Presidente (about 5-6 miles out of town), is the only 5 star resort on the island, not AI, kind of expensive but worth the money, you can expect to pay about the same price as you would for an AI room there. They are close to Chankanab Park which has real good shore diving also, it is close to paradise reef which is one of the best shallow dives on the island, i've always had great dives on paradise.
Ok, now that your totally confused, i hope this has given you some more insight.

God Bless,

parrotheaddiver:
Gordon, I found this under group trips subforum.

ScubaBoard is pleased to announce the release of our trader rating system, a simple yet powerful utility designed to let you leave feedback for your fellow ScubaBoard traders. This feature allows you to leave comments regarding the purchase or sale of any item much like the feedback system used by eBay, BizRate and many other businesses. To use this feature simply view any member’s profile or post and click on their trader ranking id. You will then be taken to a page like http://www.scubaboard.com/traderratings.php?u=1 where you may submit feedback for the user. This feature is not meant to guarantee any individual buyer or seller but rather to give you a good indication of their past history and reputation with other board members!

Thanks. Now, I'm a zero and you're a zero; what does it mean to be a zero? Should I feel insulted? ;^)

DeputyDan, we (the little lady and I) stayed at the Presidente last October. The service and restaurants in the hotel is 5 stars no doubt, but the rooms are closer to the 3 star scale. I'm well aware that most of the beds on the island are hard as a rock, but I would have expected a softer bed situation from a 5 star rated hotel. Our a/c was not up to par in our room either....never did get quite cool enough for my taste. I'd watch my footing in any Coz hotel when getting out of the shower....you could end up on your butt very easily...VERY slippery.

The shore diving was quite good in front of the hotel...tons of life and an easy"in and out" of the water. We used "Scuba with Alison"(they're absolutely fantastic!) for our reef excursions and she would pick us up at the dock of the hotel, as will most OPs in Coz.

Would we stay there again? Probably but it's pricey and alittle over rated. We're going to try a different hotel this next round (unless my better half says differently)....maybe Caribe Blu......I'm making decisions as I type this. Whatever you're decision is, you'll LOVE the diving and the island! Hope you have a blast!

thanks for those words of wisdom, mardigras~

the wife really likes nice hotels....and so since this one is suppose to be the best, i think we'll give it a try! and we'll have to watch our step! =) thanks!

i hear the fiesta americana may be the best bang for the buck...

coming back from diving in bora bora, everything is kinda "cheap"!

thanks again!

-dan

ps> did they give you FREE shore diving???? is there a marine "park" at the presidente?? good for some underwater pics?? that is what i really want to do! get some great pics!

deputydan1:
ps> did they give you FREE shore diving???? is there a marine "park" at the presidente?? good for some underwater pics?? that is what i really want to do! get some great pics!

The general rule seems to be if you are staying at a hotel and are using the on-site dive op, then tanks and weights for shore diving are free. I wouldn't let that be a factor of consequence in any decision making, either of hotel or dive op, since the going rate for tanks and weights if NOT free is only about six bucks, especially on a short stay when you won't have a whole lotta time for shore diving anyway.

The waters off the southwestern third or so of the island (including the part where the Presidente is) has been designated by the Mexican gov't. as a Marine Park, meaning you can't take anything out of the water there and really shouldn't touch anything. This area includes a lot of reef area with its attendant life, but also a lot of boring sand flats; that an area is under the "Marine Park" designation doesn't necessarily mean that there is anything in particular to see there.

The shore diving at the Presidente is as good as it gets anywhere else on the island except maybe Chankanaab Park, which is to say that you'll see some stuff there but it won't be much compared to just about any boat dive that you will do.

Cheers,

thank you thank you thank you!!

gordon, much obliged.

i just booked us 3 noghts at the presidente...

can't wait!!!

-dan

ps> 3 nights only....sad...........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom