Top ten great lakes wreck dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Dunderberg
The Arabia
The Cedarville
The Munson

The Ontario may not be divable....

18th century British warship HMS Ontario found intact in Great Lake - Telegraph

I threw it out there as a "what if..." idea

The St. Peter has been on my list along time, but sadly I have moved away from NY and the Great Lakes.
I would be more interested in finding the Getaway Gertie or the Polliwog, or any number of bootlegger artifacts in the Lake.

I have always enjoyed diving the following:
Munson, Kingston Ontario. It was better before people stole the cutlery and vanadalized the electric motor.
City of Sheboygan, Kingston Ontario
Katie Eccles, Kingston, Ontario. There are intact jars of preserves to look at on the stern.

If the St. Lawrence river counts then I like the JB King. It is a challenging dive with some interesting artifacts to look at.

I second The Arabia in Tobermory!

Bob (Toronto)

SS Michigan
Hennepin
Cedarville
Florida
Milwaukee

Are my top 5.

Ah, the Monrovia. I have tried for years to get to that wreck... still on my ToDo list.

I dove it twice and have been trying to get back for about three years now but keep getting blown out! Very nice wreck the boiler room is just awesome!

Northwind,
Windiate,
Dunderberg,
Two masted schooner, Picton,
Jodrey,
Wexford.

And of course Gunilda

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom