Torn between Hollis and Bare Semi-Dry Suits, thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fit it key in this exercise - particularly around points of potential water ingress. As such you need to try on a few suits, and ideally test them out in the water. If you don't get it right you may find yourself among the many unhappy souls that are frustrated with their purchase and feel they have no alternative but to buy a pricey dry suit. Temp, depth, and environment (wrecks, drifts, zebra mussels, etc) and budget are several other considerations that can not be ignored as well.

In any event, a couple of guys I dive with have the Hollis Neo Tek and are very pleased with overall performance. And I also know a couple of guys who rave about their Henderson Aqualoc and Fourth Element suits.

Good luck.

I'm in need of a warmer suit and these two seem to fit the bill, I'm just not sure which to get. What are your guy's thoughts assuming price is the same for both?

Bare: Bare 8/7mm Men's Velocity Semi-Dry Hooded Full Suit

Hollis: Hollis Neo Tek Men's Semidry 8/7/6mm Suit

I have the Hollis LOVE it - very easy to get into , keeps me warm in 40F + below that gets chilly - pockets are amazing - it is very strechy material so maybe get a size lower then you would normally
i thought mine would be snug with sizing chart they have but no could have gone down a size

Thoughts? My first one was don't say "torn" and drysuit" in the same sentence.

Back
Top Bottom