tossed cookies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, but honey loses its medicinal value completely if you add it to boiling water. Normally honey will loosen your body fluids and phlegm and create a better "flow". You can easily feel the benefits when you have a cold and a blocked nose. When boiled, honey has the exact opposite effect. It has a congealing sticky effect and your ent will not clear. Always add honey only towards the end when the boiling water is cooling off but still warm.
Sent from my GT-N7000

"Honey loses its medicinal value completely if you add it to boiling water" it seems a bit odd, as I heard of it that honey with a little boiled water helps to reduce your weight in fact I regularly use it as soon as I wake up and got good results.
And if we talk about its medicinal values then I don't think it looses any kind of its properties.
Info,,

Ive had a few buddies get really sick from shallow water dives with some wave action. The motion is much more pronounced at shallower depths, so its as if you are still on the surface being rocked to sickness.

Take some sea-sick meds before diving. The night before, then again before you dive (to get it in your system). Treat it the same way as a boat dive.

One of my buddies that got sick last time on a shallow reef dive took sick meds and was fine the next time he went.

BTW: Since you're already as far south as BHB already, go down to Lauderdale-by-the-Sea and get in some excellent shore-reef diving (only go when it's calm, otherwise it will be pretty rough and silty and not a fun dive).

Walmart has a small bottle of "motion sickness" tablets (Equate) in their pharmacy. About $3 for 100. I've never been seasick and have been on some pretty rough dives. I start them (three a day) the evening before the flight and first dive and keep taking them through the last dive. I've seen a lot of pukey divers and don't want to be one of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom