Train wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I noticed that on Monday 9/20 on Deep Sea Detectives they go off the Jersey coast to dive a couple of old train engines in 90'. Has anyone done a dive like this involving trains??

Haven't dived on a train but that sounds like a cool wreck. I had heard that there was a train at the bottom of Yankee Doodle Lake high in the mountains here in Colorado, but my research has found out that there is not now nor never was a train at the bottom of that lake (altitude approx 12,000 feet). I recently read in a Tim Cahill book ( I can't remember the title) that there is a locomotive dive in Montana. Does anyone know anything about that dive?

That is my kind of dive. I know there is one in Alaska...bbrrr. Not sure off the top of my head but if anyone is intersted I am sure I could come up with some info.

Dove the ones you saw on the show with the guy who re-re discovered them, kinda eerie as they are not " wrecked" (like most of the other stuff we dive) just sitting upright on the bottom nearly side by side like they were just parked there. Hope other people will get the chance to see them as they have already been "arrested"

texdiveguy:
I noticed that on Monday 9/20 on Deep Sea Detectives they go off the Jersey coast to dive a couple of old train engines in 90'. Has anyone done a dive like this involving trains??

I dove the wreck in August of this year and Saturday 9/25/04. It is a must see.

We have some train cars here off of the Outer Banks of NC. I've never been on them, but it sounds like an interesting dive. Anyone been on them here? I think they are off of Kill Devil Hills.

Theres a train sunk in Lake Winnipesaukee NH - anyone done that one? We were going to try it once but didn't get there for various reasons.

Hmm, trains and wrecks. What more could an overgrown kid ask for? :D

texdiveguy:

There is a train wreck in the Piscataqua River. Somewhat silted in and diveable only during the right time of day (tidal river) but interesting.

Back
Top Bottom