Training Agency crossover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stakanak

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is there a advantage/disadvantage to sticking with one agency?
I am currently AOW certified Padi but was thinking of taking the Naui Rescue class as my lds is Naui.
At what point in your education do you have to make a choice and stay with one agency?
Get Wet!

No advantage.

There is no advantage, no disadvantage, and no difficulty in taking classes with more than one agency.

Focus on what your learning goals are, who offers the best classes to achieve them, and which instructor can best provide the class in an environment that most suits your schedule and learning style.

It doesn't really matter until you decide to enroll in leadership courses ... (AI, DM, Instructor, etc) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well, the tables used by different agencies are often somewhat dissimilar. But that can be an opportunity to broaden your understanding.

Different agencies have different pros/cons, especially beyond the OW level. It makes the most sense to go with whichever course meets your specific requirements - regardless of the agency offering it.

I have cards from 4. I teach for one and in a week or so will also be offering another once I get my card. But if another were to come out with a course I really wanted to take agency would have no real bearing on it.

To add to the initial posting, does any particular agency cary any more "Clout" than others? I guess what im asking is which agency offers the best OW and AOW course as far as knowledge and experience gained.

To add to the initial posting, does any particular agency cary any more "Clout" than others? I guess what im asking is which agency offers the best OW and AOW course as far as knowledge and experience gained.

Hooo boy ... and the last bash-fest hasn't even settled down yet.

Where's that can-of-worms icon when ya need it ... :popcorn:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I have certification cards from at least ten different agencies and I teach courses certified by five. Take the courses you are interested in without regard to the agency. It is the knowledge and training that is important, not letters on the card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom