Transmitter configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I decided to mount mine on a 6" HP hose. It has worked very well and my HP ports are angled downward and the transmitter tucks behind my wing. With the transmitter on a short hose I avoid the risk of someone accidentally grabbing or picking up my tank by the regulator and possibly damaging the transmitter.

6" hose for me - should someone grab the tank when passing it back on board for a rib dive there is no chance of using the transmitter as a handle.

18" hose over my shoulder, and attached to rt d-ring on my harness......

depends on the regulator. The angle of the hp port decides. it i have to have it point up it goes on a hose. I used hoses with my mk25's when i used a xmitter. The post by rain pilot on page 1 or 2 has a pic of a workable install on a reg where it will not get hit and damaged or snagged by overhead.

For those that use the HP hose with then transmitter, do you always use the air spool?

Yes. I don't believe it is an air tight connection without one. I honestly didn't try it without one but I don't believe it would work. Perhaps others have tried?

Yes. I don't believe it is an air tight connection without one. I honestly didn't try it without one but I don't believe it would work. Perhaps others have tried?

It was a senior moment on my part, you'll always need an air spool :)

mine are on my first stages with the exception of the Kraken which won't accept it without a hose *buying some port extenders that will hopefully address that, thank you Jonathan Bird*.
To me the transmitter has a lot of pros compared to spg's, but a lot of those pros go away as soon as you put them on a HP hose with a spool

If I'm sure no one will be messing with my gear, I attach it directly to the first stage. If I'm on a dive boat I attach it to a 6" hose. Why? Because twice I've had someone think they are helping by checking to see if my air was on and unscrewed the transmitter by mistake, and I've had crew with their hands on it lifting my kit.

Back
Top Bottom