Transmitter Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good to here. I talked to an authorized repair store in Seattle, he has received 12 of the upgrade kits so far, unfortunately they are all spoken for customers ahead of me.
He did say if I went to the Suunto website and printed out the shipping label and send it to the Ogden Utah address they would have a seven day turn around.
Is this where you sent yours Jordan?
Yes sir

I have a few questions:

1. Does anyone know exactly what is being upgraded?
2. When the transmitter is returned does it come with both versions of the airflow restrictor (direct to 1st stage version, and high pressure hose version)?
3. Over the winter I purchased a transmitter battery kit off of Amazon...it was marketed by Huish..It is an official Suunto product and contains a battery, o-ring, and transmitter cover, it came in an official Suunto box....do I need to be concerned using this kit in the future when I eventually need to change the battery that they are putting in during the recall work?

Thanks,
Z

I have a few questions:

1. Does anyone know exactly what is being upgraded?
2. When the transmitter is returned does it come with both versions of the airflow restrictor (direct to 1st stage version, and high pressure hose version)?
3. Over the winter I purchased a transmitter battery kit off of Amazon...it was marketed by Huish..It is an official Suunto product and contains a battery, o-ring, and transmitter cover, it came in an official Suunto box....do I need to be concerned using this kit in the future when I eventually need to change the battery that they are putting in during the recall work?

Thanks,
Z
From my understanding it is a inspection and a new cone (housing) my guess is they don't know what batch failed bad record keeping just a guess or they changed somthing along the line and they will replace the bad versions-Transmitter comes with both restrictors -call and talk to them about the kit it's a free conversation maybe you can send them in together on sunntos dime instead of yours

I was in my local repair centre this week and I have to say it looks like Suunto have done a great job of turning this issue around. Not only swift communication but centres are already sitting on spare parts and Suunto are not only fitting the recall parts but are also replacing the batteries and ensuring the centres are covered for the work too.

Less than ideal to have a recall but they way they've handled it reassures me they have quality service, customer support as well as a quality product :)

I was in my local repair centre this week and I have to say it looks like Suunto have done a great job of turning this issue around. Not only swift communication but centres are already sitting on spare parts and Suunto are not only fitting the recall parts but are also replacing the batteries and ensuring the centres are covered for the work too.

Less than ideal to have a recall but they way they've handled it reassures me they have quality service, customer support as well as a quality product :)

great to hear, I am in Sydney which dealer you use?

This wasn't the horrific experience I expected.

I sent my tank-pod out on Suunto's dime on the 10th and this afternoon I received a letter stating that repairs are complete and a return tracking number.

The invoice says they have added 3 months to the warranty (mine is expired as the unit is over a year old) and I noticed they changed/revised the serial number.

More overall positive experiences like this may bring back my love of the company/products.

Time will tell.

The invoice says they have added 3 months to the warranty (mine is expired as the unit is over a year old) and I noticed they changed/revised the serial number.
3 months? According to the recall notice linked to in the OP, all upgraded units will receive a 1 year warranty from the date of inspection.

You may want to check on that.

IMG_0828.jpg
This is the bottom of the invoice I was emailed.

3 months? According to the recall notice linked to in the OP, all upgraded units will receive a 1 year warranty from the date of inspection.

You may want to check on that.

Back
Top Bottom