Transpac with OxyCheq Mach V wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an Oxycheq wing and backplate, my mate has a transpac and travel exp wing. The transpac's cam bands exit around 5 inches or so wide from the unit. The Mach V is much narrower. This is because the band slots on a plate are that width. The Dive Rite wings center opening is much wider to accomodate the cam bands. If you put a Mach V on a transpac the bands would have to be routed toward the center of the wing creating an offset in the cam bands of around an inch so side per side. That being said the mounting hole spacing is still 11 inches and looking at the two rigs side by side an STA should work but the transpac is a soft back and I do not know how an STA would do against this. The transpac was made to fit diverite wings and I would suggest using them. The exp wing is very nice. However I am sure one of our experts here on the board may have other answers or suggestions. Hope this helps.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom