Trashfest 09 Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DRomano

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Despite the rain Trashfest was great. The vis was down due to all the run off. In our area around the railroad trestle we did not find much trash but finding an eight foot railroad rail helped our team win 3rd in aggregated weight. It’s being reported that this was the most participates at Trashfest in 12 years.

Apparently the city of New Braunsfels hired divers to clean up the Comal river sometime this year. For those of you that make this yearly trek this is kind of disheartening to hear this. In a way this shows that the city of New Braunsfel don’t appreciate all us divers do. I plan to email my opinions to the city manager. His name is Michael Morrison and here is his email. mmorrison@nbtexas.org Not being a citizen of New Braunsfels they may not listen but at least they will know some of our opinions.

No kidding, the trash was nil this year! Granted, we got an area of the river that had a crazy fast current, but we still didn't find more than 5 or 6 pounds of stuff from our entire team of three divers! It was still a blast, though, and i plan on returning next year.

Team Swamp Divers and Fluss Rattans had the area just downstream of Lincoln bridge. Our area was pretty clean. My team brought up 3 pounds of trash, but I don't think the same could be true of other areas of the river. There were a few teams that brought up hundreds of cans and numerous sunglasses and shoes. Friday night our teams met at Oma's House. Plenty of beer, but the portions were pretty small. Klint (deadly_risk) was wondering where the rest of his meal was. :shakehead:
It rained off and on most of the day during Saturday, but heck..we had waterproofed out gear before we left. :rofl3::rofl3: The barbeque Saturday night was good, and there were several dive trips and quite a bit of dive gear for the raffle.
This morning most of us met up at Travis to splash from the Giant Stride. Our luck held out and we had pretty good weather.
All in all we had a good time.

Section 20A (forgive the cell photos)...

That last one is from the menu at Oma's Haus, I thought German Egg Rolls was hilarious :rofl3:

Attachments

• Photo183.jpg
    Photo183.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Photo184.jpg
    Photo184.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Photo181.jpg
    Photo181.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 50
Must be the money guy.

Section 20A (forgive the cell photos)...

That last one is from the menu at Oma's Haus, I thought German Egg Rolls was hilarious :rofl3:

Where are those first two pictures from? Maybe I just don't recognize the vantage point.

Glad ya'll had fun, I did nothing but nurse my flu!

Where are those first two pictures from? Maybe I just don't recognize the vantage point.

Glad ya'll had fun, I did nothing but nurse my flu!

The spot we had 401 W Lincoln just down from the Lincoln bridge, had a apartment balcony over looking the diving spot. Those pics were from the balcony by the stairs looking over our section.

Sorry to hear about the flu, any oinking or strange attractions to miss piggy?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom