Travel BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just dove it for the first time in Nassau with the sharks and it performed fantastic!!! I bought it as a tank backpack a few years back, and never ended up using it. So when packing for my trip i was fooling around, mixing and matching gear. I added a 25 lb Hollis wing to it, with a 1" crotch strap, D rings, and weight pockets and wow! What a light weight rig! It was great in the water with the exception of not enough pockets for weight (only had two 5 lb pockets) so I had to strap some weights to my tank straps. I thought I would end up throwing it out or selling it but now I have a killer travel setup! Two thumbs up!

Just dove it for the first time in Nassau with the sharks and it performed fantastic!!! I bought it as a tank backpack a few years back, and never ended up using it. So when packing for my trip i was fooling around, mixing and matching gear. I added a 25 lb Hollis wing to it, with a 1" crotch strap, D rings, and weight pockets and wow! What a light weight rig! It was great in the water with the exception of not enough pockets for weight (only had two 5 lb pockets) so I had to strap some weights to my tank straps. I thought I would end up throwing it out or selling it but now I have a killer travel setup! Two thumbs up!

I didn't realize you could change the wing out in it. This is the one I am talking about:

XS Scuba BC500 Companion Buoyancy Compensator

Unless they changed it. Mine looks exactly like the one in your link, and I bought it as a tank backpack alone. It functions like a bp/w.

Unless they changed it. Mine looks exactly like the one in your link, and I bought it as a tank backpack alone. It functions like a bp/w.

Did a little more research and it is what you had before.... only now they sell it with the 30 wing and call it the companion. :wink:

Can anyone comment on how the XS Scuba Companion compares to the Zeagle Express Tech?

I don't know of anyone who sells either locally, so I'm kinda researching blind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom