Travel BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Scubapro GO or LiteHawk are both excellent for travel.

I do not want to seem mean but have you done a site search? This topic comes up regularly in the Buoyancy Compensators (BC) and Weight System Forum. There will be no consensus just lots of recommendations on what BC/BCs the responders are familiar with.

My LDS let me try an Aqualung Zuma. It was a nice BCD, but my son and I went with an Axiom instead. This was because we do some cold water diving, and wanted the extra lift.

The question is where will you be traveling to? Warm or cool? Will they have steel or AL cylinders there? Most "travel" BCD's tend to pack light, but will they serve your needs once you get to where you will be diving?

The question is where will you be traveling to? Warm or cool? Will they have steel or AL cylinders there? Most "travel" BCD's tend to pack light, but will they serve your needs once you get to where you will be diving?

Are you suggesting there are people who travel to Illinois to dive?:confused:

Have the Aqua Lung Zuma. Used almost exclusively in warm caribbean waters. Weighs about 4½ lbs and can be rolled up. Like it for it's ease in packing.

Back
Top Bottom