Travel light ? Dive rite or MB Sub MBSUB_X1 - VB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthernShrinkage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello looking for a little help I am researching and looking for a high quality travel light. I currently own a diverite Mr11 as well as a 24 watt dive rite can light. I have traveled a fair bit with the Mr 11 and it is a great light I find it a bit of a pain with the case charger and security.

Was looking at the Diverite 700 led (AA option) but havent found a whole lot of reviews on it. 700 Series LED Light System by Dive Rite - Dive Gear Express

I just came across the MB Sub line MBSUB_X1 - VB either 3A or 3C again not a whole lot of reviews.

definetly looks like the MB sub lights are the better of the two MBSub X-1 Fixed Focus (FF) or Variable Beam (VB) backup LED lights can anyone provide a little input ???

Also curious if the Mb sub lights will fit the Oxycheq light socks 3A Which sock same for the 3C

thanks

Hello, I recently bought (3) X1-VB's, and then attached (3) Oxy light socks, the larger ones that were originally designed to fit the Raider 1 (the Raider III socks are too small). I'm using the 3 C-cell X1-VB's....they mate together as if they were made for each other from the factory! Additionally, I installed bike inner tube over the light bodies before I installed the light socks, that way there's no way the socks will ever slip up or down the length of the light bodies. I will warn you it wasn't a 5 minute job to do the installations, first had to experiment finding the right tire inner tube diameter to use (not too tight, not too loose), slipping the carefully chosen inner tube over the light body is a bit of a workout, but the workout to THEN slip the light socks over the tire inner tube was definitely not easy! I eventually figured out a technique through trial-and-error, but it was still very slow going...but I was VERY determined, worked the problem, and the end result was (3) identical beautifully modified lights...it was a pain getting there, but well worth the effort!

I have no experience with the mentioned DR light, and I don't know which light sock will work for the mbsub 3A battery version.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom