Travel Logistics: Jakarta and Sorong in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You arrive in Sorong two days in advance or in Jakarta?

I just went through this. I booked an overnight flight with AirAsia on the way in CGK to SOQ (on Oct 9th, about 3 days before my LOB departs). I really wanted a daytime flight because I want to acclimatize to local time, but alas there were no direct options.

On the way back to Jakarta I went with a Batik Air flight, this one is a afternoon flight, with a stop (no aircraft change?).

I do find the website, confirmations, etc with Batik were pretty bad. Confirmation didn't even have flight number. I always book direct because of bad experiences with third parties.

I'm pumped but also anxious about any delays secondary to covid/economic conditions.

I booked my CGK - SOQ batik air flight from lionair website with my UBS VISA credit card from the US, and everything was fairly smooth. Got the confirmation doc with everything. It is redeye (outbound from CGK is at midnight) but works for me since my flight to CGK is around noon and I feel a 12-hour cushion gave me enough comfort (definitely not bullet-proof, but still enough for me to get a local sim card), and the scheduled arrival is early in the morning to catch the ferry at SOQ

I booked my CGK - SOQ batik air flight from lionair website with my UBS VISA credit card from the US, and everything was fairly smooth. Got the confirmation doc with everything. It is redeye (outbound from CGK is at midnight) but works for me since my flight to CGK is around noon and I feel a 12-hour cushion gave me enough comfort (definitely not bullet-proof, but still enough for me to get a local sim card), and the scheduled arrival is early in the morning to catch the ferry at SOQ
I am surprised booking directly with Batik worked for you using a US credit card . I tried three different American credit cards and then gave up booking directly with Batik. Finally gathered they were using some sort of verification system for internet transactions that is common in Europe but not the US. Eventually booked via a third party site (NusaTrip). Not really thrilled about that since I strongly prefer to book directly with the airline .

Oof, got mail from Garuda about flight time change to leaving about 11AM, then changed back to the previous 12:30AM flight...

Does anyone know if their any flights to Sorong from hubs other than Jakarta? Like maybe Manila? I'm looking at flying from Hawaii and going to Jakarta first is certainly out of the way, but I'm not seeing any other options. Thanks.

pick your fav from

Airlines and destinations​

section

FYI I am flying from Sydney and am also going thru CGK, if you feel coming from Hawaii is out of the way.
Does anyone know if their any flights to Sorong from hubs other than Jakarta? Like maybe Manila? I'm looking at flying from Hawaii and going to Jakarta first is certainly out of the way, but I'm not seeing any other options. Thanks.

Sorong isn't an international airport. You will have to enter Indonesia before heading there. Jakarta makes the most sense.

Sorong isn't an international airport. You will have to enter Indonesia before heading there. Jakarta makes the most sense.
Or Manado.

Or Manado.
Yeah- but still have to go from Hawaii > Asia Hub (HK?) > Singapore > Manado > Sorong.

Wouldn't make more sense to go to Hawaii > Asia Hub (HK? Manilla?) > Jakarta > Sorong.

That is, of course, if one was going to stop and dive amazing Lembeh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom