Travel Rig - Super Scooter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkkchris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Tobin,

I have been diving a medium SS/Torus 26 rig for a while now and love it! Dive it in So.Cal all the time and take it with me on tropical trips where with a full 3mm/alum 80 I need no additional weight whatsoever.

So my question is, I am looking for an only tropical rig (only diving with full 3mm or less and alum 80's). Can I get by with a medium SS + Super Scooter wing?

Otherwise, is the Torus 17 that much smaller size/drag than the 26 I currently own?

That Super Scooter wing looks slick, super tiny and maybe just enough lift?

Cheers,
Chris

Tobin,

I have been diving a medium SS/Torus 26 rig for a while now and love it! Dive it in So.Cal all the time and take it with me on tropical trips where with a full 3mm/alum 80 I need no additional weight whatsoever.

So my question is, I am looking for an only tropical rig (only diving with full 3mm or less and alum 80's). Can I get by with a medium SS + Super Scooter wing?

The Super Scooter wing is intended for use with a single slung stage bottle, no back mount. It is not possible to mount a cylinder to a back plate when using the Super Scooter wing.

Otherwise, is the Torus 17 that much smaller size/drag than the 26 I currently own?

The Torus 17 is smaller, and that means less drag and easier venting, and it will pack a little smaller than a 26.

It's only slightly lighter, as all wings need fittings, hoses, OPV etc.

If you plan a lot of tropical diving the 17 is a nice addition, but for the occasional trip your 26 should be fine.

Tobin

Thanks Tobin.

And what about the 17 Tropical Wing vs. the 17 Torus? I plan on keeping a setup in Asia just for tropical diving and keeping the 26 Torus in LA.

Thanks Tobin.

And what about the 17 Tropical Wing vs. the 17 Torus? I plan on keeping a setup in Asia just for tropical diving and keeping the 26 Torus in LA.

Same wing, same geometry. The TTW is single layer construction, which makes it slightly lighter, pack smaller, as the expense of being less robust than the Torus 17.

Tobin

Back
Top Bottom