Travel Weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...... People looked at me funny at the Curacao airport when I was stripping as fast as possible down to shorts,........

a few years ago in sunny queensland there was a german tourist that wore his wetsuit and started stripping off once he got past customs & immigration & checkin...he got hauled away by security real quick and missed his flight but got a nice couple of meals at the local lockup while being questioned

as far as traveling - sacrifice everthing else so you can take your own gear is my thoughts.

anyways my experience have shown, check in super early, smile and be pleasant and if you are over you usually are waved off... unless youre flying on of those super cheap airlines then when you book that trip expect to pay more at checkin

Garrobo:

I have no hard data to back this up, but business economics suggests that if the carrier can minimize the weight being carried by passengers, that makes available more weight for commercial air freight. The best way to discourage passengers from overpacking is threaten to hit their wallet.

Garrobo:

I have no hard data to back this up, but business economics suggests that if the carrier can minimize the weight being carried by passengers, that makes available more weight for commercial air freight. The best way to discourage passengers from overpacking is threaten to hit their wallet.

It's simpler than that. The lighter the plane, the less fuel gets consumed.

I have heard a rumor that overweight bags that contain recreationaly gear are exempt from the overweight fees, just be prepaird to prove that it is rec gear. I dont think that you will get away with 30 extra lbs in your gear but 10 or so should be able to sneek past without dificulty. Apparently my Aunt and Uncle used this exception on their way back from Cozumel. It might not apply to the "hopper" flights. It is something I will be looking into when I plan a tropical dive vacation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom