Travelers beware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frightening indeed! A good excuse to keep the wife away from duty free though... Would a Thai Crime thread be worth setting up? This could be for serious things of this nature people should be warned about but not necessarily directly related to scuba diving.

Perhaps, "Thai Scams and Crimes to beware of" would be appropriate?

A good excuse to keep the wife away from duty free though... Would a Thai Crime thread be worth setting up? This could be for serious things of this nature people should be warned about but not necessarily directly related to scuba diving.

Perhaps, "Thai Scams and Crimes to beware of" would be appropriate?

A good excuse to keep the wife away from duty free though

GOOD LUCK

Not that harsh, but there are some legit concerns.

I got scammed a number of times in Bangkok (although I knew what they were doing and avoided losing much, just $17 total on the one that succeeded). Fortunately I spent the majority of my time in the more rural south where the "land of smiles" is a truism (and not because the people have their hands out to scam you).

2 things about this story:
1) it is an old story, already reported about 2 weeks ago;
2) BBC is missing the fact that King Power released a video in which it clearly shows that they were stealing a leather wallet. They were later apprehended for that.

So yes, their treatments after the crime may not have been the way the western world would expect it. On the other hand: they were guilty, and were offered a choice: let the justice system work its way and end up in jail, or pay your way out.

2 things about this story:
1) it is an old story, already reported about 2 weeks ago;
2) BBC is missing the fact that King Power released a video in which it clearly shows that they were stealing a leather wallet. They were later apprehended for that.

So yes, their treatments after the crime may not have been the way the western world would expect it. On the other hand: they were guilty, and were offered a choice: let the justice system work its way and end up in jail, or pay your way out.

Is $7,500 a normal fine for shoplifting?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom