Traveling from Cancun down to Tulum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have spent a lot of time in Cozumel and like it very much for the tranquil ambience as well as it's diving.

Out of curiousity and to see how they compare I would like to land in Cancun (not to stay there) and travel south through Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen and South to Akumal and Tulum over about a 10 day period.

Would appreciate any tips and comments about hotels and dive shops along the way.

I plan to get an apartment for several months in Cozumel or someplace I find along the route I will be taking.

Thanks,

Sy

I've only every done AI's in Playa and Tulum and have been diving with two shops. One in Playa, Fantaseadive is great - Scuba Diving, Fishing, Dive Packages, and Extreme Sports in Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, Riviera Maya, Yucatan, Mexico and Caribbean . I had a fantastic experience with Jason (playacountryboy on this forum) and would highly recommend him. There are quite a few very reasonable hotels in the area and I know he's hooked up people from this board with tips on them as well as places to eat.

In Tulum I dove with Maya Diving - Maya Diving in Tulum: Diving and Snorkeling in Tulum Cenotes and Reefs and Dive Courses - they are the ones that turned me on to Scuba and I had a great time with them as well. Dove with them out of Dreams Tulum but they have other locations in Tulum as well.

I really do appreciate your feedback "Byte Me" (great name for a diver on the Internet).

Was wondering if you or playacountryboy could recommend some of those hotels you mentioned.

Thanks,

Sy

QUOTE=Byte Me;3467262]I've only every done AI's in Playa and Tulum and have been diving with two shops. One in Playa, Fantaseadive is great - Scuba Diving, Fishing, Dive Packages, and Extreme Sports in Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, Riviera Maya, Yucatan, Mexico and Caribbean . I had a fantastic experience with Jason (playacountryboy on this forum) and would highly recommend him. There are quite a few very reasonable hotels in the area and I know he's hooked up people from this board with tips on them as well as places to eat.

In Tulum I dove with Maya Diving - Maya Diving in Tulum: Diving and Snorkeling in Tulum Cenotes and Reefs and Dive Courses - they are the ones that turned me on to Scuba and I had a great time with them as well. Dove with them out of Dreams Tulum but they have other locations in Tulum as well.[/QUOTE]

There are many places to stay, but of course that depends what kind of trip you want to do. Busy and noicy stay in Playa del Carmen, more quiet and relax is Akumal and Tulum. And for diving is absolutely recommended the cenotes, if you like check www.cenotexperience.com
Cheers

Nicolas

Back
Top Bottom