traveling to belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crash684

Reaction score
Want to go to belize. Anyone hear of Hamanasi Resort? lookin at obviously diving, but also checking out the mayan ruins.....hoping for fun, sun and good food too! traveling late summer. think the weather will be okay?

:)

Late summer, always the chance of a good storm. Not my first choice. In fact I wouldn't go then. O'yea, Mayan ruins in a steamy hot jungle, that's another reason not to go then.

good luck don O

I'm going in about 2 months:) on june 17th to be exact.
I'll be on ambergris caye for most of the time so which dive sites do you guys recommend?
mexico rocks? :sharky: and ray alley?
I'm going with an all beginer group so help me please

I was just in San Pedro (Ambergris Caye) this past October. There are several good reefs in the area. Hol Chan Reef and Hol Chan Canyon are good beginner sites. Depending on your money and experience/competency level the Blue Hole is a great trip. I used Barefoot Divers for all of my dives while I was there, Mike and Dawn treated me extremely well and the divemaster's were very competent. If you get a chance go see the Cayo District and some of the ruins.

Hamanasii is a very nice resort located soutj of Belize city its a new resort and by all accounts they have been doing a great job.

Its easy to get to ruins etc as they are on the mainland however getting out to divesites takes about 45 minutes where on Ambergris it takes just 5 minutes to get to the reef.

As far as divesites

dont miss

Happy Hours Reef
M&M's
Renegade
Hol-Chan Marine reseve
Cyprus gardens
mexico Rocks

I also have a clickable divemap on my website which also has descriptions of each dive sites you can check it out at

http://www.divebelize.com/divebelize/divesites.html

Weather will be fine late summer as we always have a nice breeze blowing on the coast of course on the mainland there is less breeze.
You can also get to the ruins form Ambergris in one day

enjoy your stay and

Dive Safe

Gaz Cooper
Gaz Cooper's DIVE BELIZE
www.playablancabelize.com

I don't know about the weather, but have a good time!:)

Kayla:)

*sigh* I love Belize! Not only is the diving incredible, but the mayan ruins inland are incredible! If you have the time, I highly recommend visiting Tikal (in Guatamala, near the border of Belize). photos: http://mayaruins.com/tikal.html. Make sure to see the sunrise on the 4th temple. You will not be disappointed. :)

I hope you have a great time!

~j

I was at Hamanasi a few weeks ago. It's awesome. Highly recommended. The town is remote but ultra friendly, the dive staff is incredible, and at the end of my stay I was ready to ask about potential job openings so I didn't have to leave!

Natalie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom