Traveling To North Myrtle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDan85

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Will be In north myrtle beach April 9-12th Was looking to get a dive any one day will I'm there any suggestions? and whats temps like 6.5 wet suit be sufficient?

have contacted costal scuba doesn't seem that that have anything scheduled fer those days tho...

Try Express Watersports down near Murrells Inlet.

According to some of the buoy data the water temps are currently mid to upper 60's.

have contacted them as well nothing there either

Last edited:
I see coastal scuba doesn't have anything going out that day, but did want to add that I dove with them once and would definitely pick another shop next time.

Why is that? I have dove with them b4 and didn't have any issues

A few unpleasant incidents....I was visiting from out of town and hadn't planned to dive, so wound up renting a broken BCD from them (literally the entire low pressure inflator had been completely ripped out of the BC, leaving a giant jagged hole in it). Sketchy but okay, maybe somehow they completely missed that. Except: they refused to exchange it for a functioning BCD when I pointed it out. I argued with them for about ten minutes before a much older and more experienced diver who was watching the whole exchange finally intervened and told them that it was bull**** and that the unit was clearly completely nonfunctional. It couldn't be inflated and couldn't hold air, because it had a massive gaping hole in it. They finally complied, grumbling, after that.

The same trip, a couple friends also ran OOA with them repeatedly while left completely unsupervised at the bottom of the pool doing a Discover Scuba from them; the husband called me, because he was upset...when I asked how much air was in the tank to begin with (how do you run OOA in a 10 foot pool?), he said he and his wife's tanks were both at 500 psi to begin with. I found that pretty unbelievable, so I asked him to send me a pic; he took a pic of the new tanks they were given after they ran out of air originally - again both tanks read about 500-600 psi. I'm guessing they were given them used tanks, it would be weird to go to the bother of filling them and then putting so little air in.

The whole thing (plus a few other minor incidents) just left a bad taste in my mouth....there's better folks to dive with and who I'd rather give me my money to, personally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom