Traveling to Vancouver, Sechelt Area Aug 2nd-6th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mortis65

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Vancouver Divers,

While I grew up in the Vancouver Area, I seem to have learned how to dive long after leaving.

I will be traveling to the Vancouver, sunshine coast area this August to see family, none of whom dive.

I would like to dive while I am up there, and I am looking for both recommendations, and ask if I should check out a LDS for a 'local tour', or ask someone to take a risk on me as an insta-buddy?

I have my OW-A, and most of my diving has been tropical. I have 13-14 dives in my log, and all log entries have been by a dive master or instructor. Yep, I'm green.

My current schedule looks like:
Sechelt Aug 2nd and 3rd.
Vancouver Aug 4 thru 6th.

No flights to worry about, as I'll be driving back home on the 7th.

I really want to see what my home town has to offer under the water.

Thanks,

Mortis65.

Sunkmail,

I'll be in Sechelt Aug 2 and 3rd. Vancouver the rest of the time.
I've not booked my Vancouver hotel yet, but I'll expecting to be downtown. I'm mobile to almost anywhere in GVRD.

Here is a shop in Sechelt. Great people to deal with, I'm sure they can hook you up for a dive.
Suncoast Diving a National Geographic Scuba Dive Center on the Sunshine Coast Vancouver British Columbia Canada

Lots of shops in Vancouver area. I use the Edge in North Van for my air fills, they seem like a good group of people as well.
Edge Diving Centre

Hope that helps...
Ron

Another vote for The Edge! Shop dives every Thursday night and Sunday morning.

Plus you can usually find someone that's interested in going out - like myself :)

Diving in and around the Skookumchuck rapids is pretty interesting, although you have to time it just right to avoid the 17 knot tidal stream so seek advice before you go jumping in... it's also pretty cold but sometimes the visibility is amazing

Skookumchuck Narrows - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hey Mortis 65,

The Sunshine Coast has many great dive sites, like the Skookumchuck narrows as previously mentioned, and the Chaudiere if you're interested in looking at wrecks. Some of the sites are considered at or near the top dive sites in the world.

There are really good dives here for all skill levels. I have my advanced also and dove the Chaudiere a few years ago - I haven't tried the rapids yet but I'd like to. Make sure you hook up with a local dive shop though as you have to time your dives to slack tide and you'll want to be in the hands of a local expert.

I am trying to compile as much information as possible about diving in British Columbia to help divers decide where best to dive while they are here. I would love to get your feedback and reviews after your dives back here in Vancouver and on the Sunshine Coast.

Hopefully I can suggest it here, as I am just trying to promote diving in general and diving in British Columbia - it is at Scuba Diving Vacations In British Columbia

I hope you have a great trip back home.

Back
Top Bottom