Treasure Coast Shore Diving Events

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shcubasteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello SB:
Shore diving conditions here on the Treasure Coast were great last week for the first time in a while, and I got a chance to freedive the Valentine Wreck with friends. After swearing about not bringing tanks, we got to talking about how clear the water was, and how others would enjoy shore diving on the Treasure Coast.
As most of you know, the worm rock reefs that run close to shore from Bathtub Reef north through Vero Beach offer great diving in no more than 20 FSW, with many access points along A1A. The reefs are home to snook, snapper, eels, lobster, and tons of other reef life that one would normally find well offshore.
With summer conditions (FLAT) right around the corner, I have decided to organize a group of divers who would be interested in paddling out to the many dive sites here in Martin, St. Lucie and Indian River Counties. Some places I have in mind would include:

The Washington? Wreck in Hobe Sound
BathTub Reef
The Georges Valantine Wreck at the House of Refuge
South Side of Jensen Beach Public
Ft. Pierce Inlet State Park
Pepper Park
RioMar Reef in Vero
Reefline off Mulligan's in Vero
The Boiler Wreck off Driftwood Inn in Vero

All sites listed can also be enjoyed while snorkeling.
When conditions permit, I want to organize 1-3 shore dive events a month with a potluck BBQ after dives; similar to the BHB BBQ last month. As with most events and especially shore diving, the more divers in the water the better! Summer is typically the best time for shore diving on the Treasure Coast but as last week proves, conditions can clear up anytime. I would like to start an email list to coordinate efforts and keep everyone who's interested in the loop. I'm thinking when conditions are right, I'll post a thread and send emails about what shore dive site everyone wants to do. The best part about shore diving? It's FREE!
Anyone interested in organized shore dives? Reply here.

Steve Wood
Deep Six Jensen
772-692-2747

Steve, my husband and I would probably be interested if we can wrangle up a baby sitter. Keep me posted!
Sandy

I travel from Boynton beach to Stuart every week-end I be interested .
I love shore dives .
PM if you want my personal E-mail address :D

Thanks for putting this together.

I am really interested in diving the Treasure Coast since it is just a short drive for me living in the Gardens.

Keep us posted! Feel free to PM me.

Looks like there will be support for these events in the future! Sweet. The wind is really blowing now, and vis will not come back for at least a few weeks....When it does, Ill post. Im thinking the wreck at House of Refuge in stuart? It looks like a dugout canoe turned up on its side. Its in about 20FSW and comes up about 5' from the surface... Very interesting if you have never dove it. Maybe BathTub area the same day?? More to come later

I am very interested too. I sent my e-mail addresses in a private message in case you plan to put together an e-mail list.

Yes. Thank you. Anyone else who wants email contact about upcomming shore dives should PM me an email address.
Thanks
Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom