Treasure Coast Shore Diving Events

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Am interested! Sending PM now.

I'm always up for a dive... PM sent...

STEVE !!! GREAT idea! Many people do not know the shore diving off of this area. LBTS has more pretty stuff and better vis BUT we have more larger fish... eatable fish.... 5# ~15# lobsters and VERY often you can see 5 ,6 and 7 foot sharks!!

I am up for you group!! If there is anything I can do to help out let me know. My scheldule is very unpredictible but I will pitch in when / where I can.

PS -- Someone make sure Scuba Dad and that Irishman George guy gets wind of this to spread it to the Melbourne crowd.

I sure would like to help...I really enjoy these reefs. Also for some non-diving activity, the recently opened "Barrier Island Center" and the McClaity 1715 Fleet museam

Joe
321-537-9751
Cocoa Beach Scuba Odyssey

Hello all:

I was in the Pepper Park area yesterday to look at conditions beachside and figured I should post a report. The water is still brown and full of sand particulate; even with the West winds, the water still is murky. It usually takes a week- 2 weeks to clear up after any swell action so if the winds stay west for a week, we might have vis Keep ya posted.

Im impressed at the response for Treasure Coast shore diving; it should be fun with a large group in the water! Has any one been out off the beach recently?? Im interested to hear what your experiences were. Last summer a few friends and I swam straight off pepper Park for 30 minutes and still had plenty of reef to look at. While enjoying the reeflines, we made our way to the wreck of the Urca de Lema (sp?) to find ballast stones and old rubble; interesting to see the history of our area.

Google Earth was lucky to snap pictures of the Ft Pierce area when the water was clean, and to our advantage, we can actually see the reeflines under the surface. Check it out.

Steve
Deep Six Jensen

Attachments

• pepper park.jpg
    pepper park.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 184
The winds are really supposed to die down for the weekend ... maybe it will clear up by then....looking at the Ft Pierce buoy data....the water is a mite cold...68d

A few divers here have asked about shore diving in Vero... The link below leads to video I shot around The Mulligan's and Driftwood Inn area. We had 8-10' of vis (a great day in Vero) and saw plenty to keep busy. Max depth 15'.

Driftwood_Beach_Dive.wmv

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom