Triangle Diving Bermuda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtto

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just came back from almost 4 months in Bermuda diving with Triangle Diving. Great dive op. I can't recommend them highly enough. gary

Diving with them next week, looking forward to being able to post similar when I return!

Can you give any specifics or examples of what you liked about diving with Triangle Divers? Are there certain reefs and wrecks they typically dive, how big and crowded is the boat, are there set dive times and depths, do they have a DM lead the dives? Can you store gear onsite?

I did enjoy my time with Triangle. My 11 year old son did his checkout dives with them and I felt he was well taken care of. I dove with them for 3 days. The first two, while my son was in class, I was the only non-student and had a DM to myself. I thoroughly enjoyed diving with him. I consider myself better than the average warm-weather diver, and he understood this was the case and we did some activities another group may not have done.

On the third day, my son joined us. This was the first time the boat had more than 6 divers on-board. It still worked out well and we had a great time.

I travel with a large hard-case for my gear. I was permitted to leave it nightly at the dive shop.

I had a couple of "issues" with the outfit, but nothing that would prevent me from recommending them to others. They are also my only experience of warm-weather resort diving, so my basis for comparison is low. I am sure they are much more used to low-experienced vacation divers who need handholding and to be told what to do and how to do it than the cold-weather wreck diver who dives regularly who brings all his own gear save tanks.

I would recommend them for your diving. The next time I go to Bermuda, I will probably stay on the west side of the island and dive completely different wrecks. Each day we did a reef & a wreck, different every day. No complaints whatsoever. But they do stay to a specific general area. Triangle does have an advantage due to location in that they can go a number of different directions whereas most outfitters can only go one way.

Hope this helps. PM with any specific questions if you wish.

PittCaleb

Thanks for taking the time to supply add'l info. It helps. On my first trip to BDA I stayed on the western part of the island and dove two days with Blue Water divers. I have a SB trip report posted on that trip. We dove the wrecks Hermes and Maria Celestia. The Hermes is intact, sits in sand and is a nice dive. The Maria Celestia is mostly parts but a paddle wheel is intact and there is a nice swim through in the reef just east of the wreck towards the shore. Both reef dives were on SW breakers which has an even nicer swim thru.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom