Trimix Deep Dive Prerequisite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You asked the right question. You just asked a bunch of yahoos on the internet instead of the instructor that you will be using. This advise coming from one of those internet yahoos.
You Yahoo's have given excellent advice and have provided me with questions to ask the instructor. This board can get crazy at times but the responses on this thread have been extremely helpful and have positively influenced how I'm moving forward with my training.

I used PADI for Cavern and Ice and will be using TDI for ANDP and Trimex/ER. Once I'm completed, I plan to finish up by taking GUE Fundies. That's what I have mapped out for now.
They are all good courses, but I would change the order. Fundies is an introductory course, not an advanced level course. Take it first.

Ok, so I haven’t read every response to the original post / question, but here’s my advice,
Buoyancy control, is a major aspect of tech diving, but tech diving by nature is complex and it’s mastering these complexities that allow your learning and diving (dive enjoyment and safety) to become easy, so if your buoyancy is good and you are TRIM any of these courses are easier and the instructors life and your learning is much easier, so master ascents trim with little to no skulling, this means putting an smb up, lining off, dealing with issues etc is done very easily, the depth to practise these skills are immaterial within reason, but of course progress down to 100’ and aim to be capable of full ascent with no shotline putting an smb up when you get to 20’ or so. Best of luck

Better look into the price of helium. It may alter your diving progression. If only a vacation diver helium might not be an issue. But if you’re going to do 2 times a week all year you might consider CCR.

Better look into the price of helium. It may alter your diving progression. If only a vacation diver helium might not be an issue. But if you’re going to do 2 times a week all year you might consider CCR.
A very good point, but I do think oc tec is a good foundation for ccr. So still has its place. If trimix depths are going to be common the ccr quickly becomes cheaper and less hassle.

They are all good courses, but I would change the order. Fundies is an introductory course, not an advanced level course. Take it first.

+1

Oh yeah, helium is expensive which is why I don't plan on diving it much. I will practice to keep my skills up.

Yes, this right here. without a doubt.

Everything you do after fundies becomes so easy.

An alternative would be intro to tech first, then AN/DP fallowed by Helitrox, this will give you access to trimix for the AN/DP depths, dive to that level for a while and when you feel ready, go for the next step, Normoxic, dive at this level... Advanced trimix.

The right instructor is important though.

Oh yeah, helium is expensive which is why I don't plan on diving it much. I will practice to keep my skills up.
Well, this changes things a bit, if you're looking to dive deep, helium is a must, sure there are agencies providing courses to dive deep on air, and some folks who advocate it, there's plenty discussions about how smart that is, I'll leave it at that.

Well, this changes things a bit, if you're looking to dive deep, helium is a must, sure there are agencies providing courses to dive deep on air, and some folks who advocate it, there's plenty discussions about how smart that is, I'll leave it at that.
I do not plan diving deep on air, I'll spend the money on helium, it's just that I don't plan on doing it often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom