TRIMIX update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seaquest85

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello Everyone,
If you are unaware, On UEMIS.com they just posted some brand new information regarding the upcoming TRIMIX release. Bottom line is that the release has been delayed until 2011 but they give a sneek peek of what the upgrade will include. Happy reading :)

i understand that this might not be the 'best' news, but they are absolutely not overstating the amount of work that is going into this update.

Many of the items people have requested in addition to trimix (things like depth averaging) have to be done on the database level and are not just an easy 'add on' snippet of code. This adds time.

fwiw, I've been on a diving vacation this past week, and finally truly UNDERSTAND why y'all wanted a dive planner... back at home, no big thing never found the need, but 3 days of diving in a row, multiple dives a day, it is a nice thing to know how long i'm gonna have to go shoot video at depth and if i am going to have to choose between one cool thing and another. :)

Happy diving!

-Laura

02. November 2010 | 15:54 CET
Information about the Trimix Upgrade

Since one year, we work now for the Trimix upgrade with a high priority. We are making a good progress in the development of the software. But as things are now, we will not be able to release the Trimix upgrade in 2010 as anounced. We have to adapt the database on the unit as well as on myUemis and this causes more work than planned. Uemis CONNECT needs also adaptations. We deeply regret this delay and will inform about the progress again end of January 2011.
Nevertheless, we would like to give away some details of the upcoming Trimix upgrade:

* Up to 9 user definable gas templates
* Up to 6 tank pressure transmitters can be received by the SDA. Each gas template can include up to 6 different gases
* A gas of a Trimix template can be deactivated (and reactivated), for example when the regulator fails. In this case, the decompression is calculated without that thank
* Beside the normal decompression forcast, an emergency forcast is calculated. We will release more information about this feature later
* A novel diveplanner for Air-, Nitrox- and Trimix dives will be available on the SDA

Of course, the well known user-friendlyness of the uemis ZURICH will still remain for Trimix!

I like the upgrade form 3 to 6 transmitters! Not that I have more than one right now :wink:

Dive planner is good!

What I don't like is that they don't put this into chunks and release more often instead of waiting for a big release.

The way it looks now it will not be released in Q1 of 2011.

If they could split things we could get something every quarter.

they will have a unit at DEMA with trimix on it, it will be fully functional but without all the features. I think that it makes sense once you see it why they don't want to release until ALL the items are incorporated. Why do it halfway :)

A lot of the update hinges on the same item, the database. and once that is done, adding the extra features is not so much of an issue.

I will mention the desire for throwing us a bone every quarter, and see if there is anything that they can do in that direction :)

Could be simple as stopwatch in dive mode :wink:

lol! i actually nagged him for that TODAY!! *big grin*

And was hi saying "yes", "no", or "maybe" :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom