trip insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaCayZee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Recommendations for trip (interruption/cancellation - medical) insurance for out of the USA? (I have DAN preferred, but my wife is not a diver).

Tnxs

DAN Preferred dive insurance is great for dive injuries and some non-diving injuries but not for other medical problems - and they happen, the primary reason I always take Trip Insurance when I leave the country. Also provides coverage for property losses, airlines even have reduced liabilities on international luggage as well as some exclusions for scuba gear and then there are the other places things can be lost; trip delay & cancellation, etc. Get it for both of you.

This is the one I use: Our most popular product! | Travel Safe Insurance They have exclusions too, but seem overall more competitive than any other so far I have seen.

This site shows a pretty good comparison, if it is up to date? InsureMyTrip.com | Quote | Help Some of them are really bad.

BTW, you might add your wife to your DAN membership only, not dive insurance, at a discount. Or add her on dive insurance too if she might do a Discover dive? Travelers Assist is included in basic membership and covers diving & non-diving needs when over 50 miles from home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom