Trip opening to Komodo with Cathy Church

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cathy Church

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
If anyone would like to go to Komodo with a fun group of underwater photographers, I have some last minute openings on my trip on the Cheng Ho to Komodo this June 16 - July 2. I offer my usual photo coaching and help. Go to Underwater Photography and Scuba Diving in the world of Cayman's Cathy Church. We go through Bali, and will stay over a few days if you wish to extend your trip to this beautiful destination. You don't have to be a photographer, just a lover of the sea. We welcome anyone who likes to dive safely, enjoy the sea and respect other divers in the water. Cameras optional.

If anyone would like to go to Komodo with a fun group of underwater photographers, I have some last minute openings on my trip on the Cheng Ho to Komodo this June 16 - July 2. I offer my usual photo coaching and help. Go to Underwater Photography and Scuba Diving in the world of Cayman's Cathy Church. We go through Bali, and will stay over a few days if you wish to extend your trip to this beautiful destination. You don't have to be a photographer, just a lover of the sea. We welcome anyone who likes to dive safely, enjoy the sea and respect other divers in the water. Cameras optional.

Cathy,

Welcome to ScubaBoard! I am tapped out on vacation for this year, but would have loved to have gone. I took a photo class (pre-digital) with you at Sunset House in 1999 on a trip organized by Fred Mirambel. Those were among my first dives, and I have fond memories of them.

Keep us posted on future events.

Thanks!

Jim--wow. pre-digital. that seems so long ago. I am glad that you are still enjoying diving. Are you shooting digital now?

Jim--wow. pre-digital. that seems so long ago. I am glad that you are still enjoying diving. Are you shooting digital now?

I bought a Sea & Sea DX8000 last year, but I used the camera on land as well and carried it in a soft case. The LCD screen was damaged in my overstuffed backpack and now no longer displays anything. Needless to say, the camera still takes pictures, but I can't control the functions.

I was never really happy with the quality of the pictures and couldn't figure out why, so I am either going to purchase a used DX8000 (since it has been discontinued) or purchase a whole new system. Sea & Sea wants $350 to repair it, but I don't know if I want to spend the money on repairing it, or just get another camera.

Needless to say, I have not been shooting much underwater. I have the camera, housing, YS-110 strobe, wide angle lens and custom Pelican case.

I am diving though. I am full cave certified now, so I have been diving in caves alot getting used to that.

I would love to come back to Grand Cayman. I loved those shore dives off of Sunset House. Hope things are going well for you, Cathy.

Ahh... I'm sorry I just noticed this today. I really would have liked to have gone on this trip :( I've already scheduled my leave now and bought my tickets. I'm headed down to the Philippines the 1st of June for two weeks. I'm doing a week in Anilao and a week in Puerto Galera.

Maybe next time you make it over to this side of the planet :)

Yes, we still have two openings. I hope that you can join me, we always have a great time. There are still openings because I never really promoted the trip as the time to promote it was interrupted with two deaths in the family that occupied me for a while. But I am back and busy and looking forward to a great trip.

Wow Cathy welcome to the board!!! I enjoy your work so much. I bought a SP-350 last year & your book yesterday! Can't wait until it gets here.

Dear Cheddar, Thank you for the kind words and congratulations on your SP350. I hope you get many wonderful photos. Don't forget to go on line to check the free lesson written for each photo in the book. There are also four types if indexes and there are additional photos further supported some of the images in the book.

PS It is plenty warm enough here to go diving, so come on down to Cayman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom