Trip report CCV 9-16 jan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems like they do less trips per day at CCV with more time for other activities or just relaxing./QUOTE]

Who in Roatan does more?
Thanks!

It seems like they do less trips per day at CCV with more time for other activities or just relaxing./QUOTE]

Who in Roatan does more?
Thanks!
I think he misunderstood, and I thot I'd explained: CCV does 2 boat trips/day plus 2 drop-offs on the way back in, 4 boat dives/day if one does both drop-offs, right? Or did I misunderstand that from their site. I have not dived with them.

In a sense, FIBR does more trips with 3/day, but only 3 boat dives/day.

Free, additional shore dives are available from both of those.

Coco has a morning and after lunch boat dive. If you wish they bring another tank and you can drop off on one of 2 walls that lead to the "corner" where the wreck is. You can also request a wreck drop.
The wreck is a close shore dive but if you drop in on it you get alot of time on site and only burn air on the return trip.
We love Coco View. It is rustic but if you want to go somewhere to get alot of time underwater and you like walls... Coco is hard to beat.

Very Sorry you got sick. On our 2nd or 3rd trip we had ventured off the resort for our last meal. We (a group of 8) "drank the water". The water at the resort is bottled. The place we went....not so much. The next day we hit Houston and I barely made it to the bathroom. Spent an hour there. Our flight in was late and we had already missed our plane. Got a comped hotel room and got to know the bathtub very well.

CCV does 2 boat trips/day plus 2 drop-offs on the way back in, 4 boat dives/day if one does both drop-offs, right? Or did I misunderstand that from their site. I have not dived with them.

That is correct.

If you do all 4 of the 2 tank CCV boat dives, you will likely have "free time" of 3 hours from 11:00 am > 2:00 pm (lunch is at 12:00), and 2 hours again at 4:30 pm > 6:30 pm (when dinner starts)

Most people begin the CCV night dive at 8:00 pm, and a whole lot of divers do that every night of the week, usually 8 to 25 each evening.

At FIBR, there are three 1 tank boat dives each day.

Departing at 9:00am and again at 11:15am for the morning dives and 2:30pm for the afternoon boat dive. The greatest volume of night diving occurs on the once-weekly boat night dive, otherwise it's a very occasional 4 or so divers a night.

It is typical of any European/Asian resort schedule, also including the "sign up" boards that you would also find at these similarly operated resorts.

IMG_3823.jpg

A dedicated diver can make the second FIBR boat- he will likely have 40 minutes ashore to do what he needs before taking off for dive #2 of the day. He will be back home at 12:45 to step off the boat and go to lunch.... the next dive departs in 1.5 hrs. Dive #3 returns at 4:00 pm.

FIBR has much more non-diving evening entertainment than CCV, so you can easily get quite happily distracted there.

Ok, I stumbled on the CCV description of their boat dive plans at first, and I suspect that's where he may have got it wrong - or from this rainy week report perhaps?

I have my Photobucket.com account set to load pics with a 640 wide maximum so that if I use a pic on SB, I don't stretch the thread width. Many don't tho and post pics like above that do. I wonder if there is a way to reduce pics already loaded to PB?

I have my Photobucket.com account set to load pics with a 640 wide maximum so that if I use a pic on SB, I don't stretch the thread width. Many don't tho and post pics like above that do. I wonder if there is a way to reduce pics already loaded to PB?

Are you talking about my pictures in the trip report or RoatanMans above?

I downsized mine to 800 pixels before I uploaded them, but maybe that wasn't enough`.

Are you talking about my pictures in the trip report or RoatanMans above?

I downsized mine to 800 pixels before I uploaded them, but maybe that wasn't enough`.
I was thinking about R-man's. His is 1024 wide. Yours @ 800 wide are fine, and lovely by the way. 640 wide is suggested for message boards on PB settings, but that's for loading. I don't think he can change the size once loaded. I hate having to scroll the screen left and right to read after a large pic is loaded, but I can use CTRL - - - to avoid that. No problem.

I was thinking about R-man's. His is 1024 wide. Yours @ 800 wide are fine, and lovely by the way. 640 wide is suggested for message boards on PB settings, but that's for loading. I don't think he can change the size once loaded. I hate having to scroll the screen left and right to read after a large pic is loaded, but I can use CTRL - - - to avoid that. No problem.

OK, good then I know . I have found that 800 usually is fine on forums (and I wasn't fishing for comments this time:D).

OK, good then I know . I have found that 800 usually is fine on forums (and I wasn't fishing for comments this time:D).
800 is probly fine. PB and Tinypic suggest 640 for boards, but yours are fine - and they really are lovely. I see from the pic data that you shot the seahorse with a Canon PowerShot A720 IS, and I suppose the other pics too. Nice shooting...!

640 x 72dpi to 78dpi! Most all Monitors are max 72dpi resolution and anything above is a waste of bandwidth and storage space if they are going to be displayed on the web! Some HD monitors are up to 80dpi resolution, but 78 is so close not much difference! dpi=ppi for this conversation!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom