Trip Report CN dive KOMODO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on this trip and Nick's info is accurate. This was the best diving and liveaboard I have done. Sure it was basic but it was better as we were the only ones and went were we wanted and when we wanted for as long as we wanted.

SOOOO good I did another trip with them 1 day later and they let me stay on the boat in the harbor for free. Komodo is amazing and the value from CN is unbeatable. Just remember it is budget and for REAL divers. You could use their gear but i'd recommending bring everything but the tank and weights.

Nick Also forgot the most important part of Komodo BRING A REEF HOOK

here are my pics from the trip:
Komodo | Facebook

Hi Nick, I wonder if you can help me out with a bit more info on the Komodo liveaboard. A group of us (all pretty experienced Cape Town ie cold water) divers are keen to go... but what we'd like to know is: if you have ten keen divers who also take photographs on board, would there be enough plug points for charging batteries etc?
and is the compressor big enough for all of those ten to dive say three times a day?
The dinghy looks like it only takes six divers in one time? Is that correct?
Do they stagger the dives if so?
We were wondering if perhaps it moight be better to take say eight of us and have a bit more space, or do you think ten is a good number?
any and all info you can give would be much appreciated

10 would be cramped but doable and the dingy should be fine. As for charging there are a few ports. This is a budget boat but easily the best experience you will have as long a you are not expecting the ritz Carlton and hot towers and drinks with umbrellas in them. Think of it more as an adventure with the best guide in Komodo

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.346889,-71.138076

WOW ... I've already planned to take my drysuit for my March trip 2012
Now i need to make sure I take layering undersuits

Thank you ... L

in the north we were diving between 23-26 degrees, in the south we hit some warm water almost 28 (balmy). Though apparently this is the opposite of high season when it is 19 in the south and warmer in the north. I am used to much warmer diving, and was caught a bit off-guard. Was wearing 3 wetsuits at one point =p. Condo does 3 guided dives a day, and one unguided at a nice calm spot. Normally with the cold water and hard currents 3 was enough for us. You also need ot bring your own lights if you want to do night dives.

I did 23c in 1.5mm suit and no hood. but i don't recommend it. but 3 suits is crazy. don't be such a wuss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom