Trip Report - CocoView, Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewong

Contributor
Reaction score
I finally finished my trip report of CocoView Resort:

http://purpleink.us/blogs

Included in the report:
- In depth report of CocoView
- Waikuha shark dive
- Seahorse sightings
- Aerial scout of the island with hydroplane

Enjoy,

Eddy.

great review. We will me there the end of May. How was the food all week. Did you get tired of it and did you go into town to try some other places to eat??

Great review!!

I only hope I have as good an experience at Fantasy Island.
I am defintely going to do the shark dive.

laserdoc:
great review. We will me there the end of May. How was the food all week. Did you get tired of it and did you go into town to try some other places to eat??

They rotate menus every other week....all their food is plentiful and tasty....love the garlic mashed potatoes roastbeef, lasagna, tres leches cake....all of it is yummy the only thing they usually have every meal if you are lucky is coconut bread that the ladies in the kitchen make....my mouth is watering already....I don't eat fish but they have it everyday along with pork,chicken or beef....so there is a variety....if you have a special request they will try and make it for you....oh yeah can't forget about the fried chicken and potato salad OMG stop me..... now I am hungry and want to go back:D

BTW are you giong with Dee's group?? go here if you have specific questions http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/ccv

Thanks - That report helped me decide to do the zip lines rather than the shark dive.

I was debating which one anyhow.

I did the shark dive last time, haven't done the zip lines yet, but this trip <grins> thinking of doing the DEEP SEA submarine that dives out of the west end, 1000-1500-2000 foot anyone?

Anyone done this before, I've done some searching and found some great reviews about the experience.

parrotheaddiver:
They rotate menus every other week....all their food is plentiful and tasty....love the garlic mashed potatoes roastbeef, lasagna, tres leches cake....all of it is yummy the only thing they usually have every meal if you are lucky is coconut bread that the ladies in the kitchen make....my mouth is watering already....I don't eat fish but they have it everyday along with pork,chicken or beef....so there is a variety....if you have a special request they will try and make it for you....oh yeah can't forget about the fried chicken and potato salad OMG stop me..... now I am hungry and want to go back:D

BTW are you giong with Dee's group?? go here if you have specific questions http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/ccv

Yes, indeed the food was plentiful, tasty and varied. They also had snacks in the afternoon, like sandwiches and cookies.

There's no real "town" in Roatan that you can go easily, you would have take the water taxi to get out of the resort and a taxi from there. When we were there we just stayed at the resort. One time a taxi ride to the West End cost me like US$45.

Eddy.

Great, informative, organized and thoroughly enjoyable trip report. Thanks for taking the time to do it up right.~

cowdog77:
Great, informative, organized and thoroughly enjoyable trip report. Thanks for taking the time to do it up right.~

Glad you found it useful, let me know if you'd like to see anything more ...

Next stop ... Captain Don's, Bonaire ... tommorrow :)

Stay tuned ...

Eddy.

Back
Top Bottom