Trip Report: Dominican Republic (La Romana)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report! We stayed in Bayahibe (Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace Resort) near La Romana and dove with Gri-Gri divers. I was also pleasantly surprised by the quality of carribean diving in DR. I'd go back and dive with Gri-Gri in a heartbeat.

UW BumbleBee

Thanks so much for the additional information on Dreams, etc. Just in the emails back and forth with Denise I knew I had found some nice people to dive with. Look for a trip report from me around the second week in September :D

Thank you for the great review and for diving with us. It was fun talking to you and having lunch together. I really hope you come back so I can personally dive with you !

If the chance arises that my in-laws want to take the whole family on a trip again, I'll do my darnedest to get them to go to La Romana! It would be heaven getting to dive on a family vacation and they can enjoy the pool and beach! Plus my friend that got married at Dreams gets 3 free nights so you never know!

It was pretty decent diving, and the DR is -relatively- cheap, maybe not on the short list, but medium list? :D I think Curacao again, or another liveaboard somewhere is on our short list. Definitely the pacific (fiji, maldives, png, etc) is on our long (when we hit the lotto) list. Where are you off to next?

C:

I think I have to go to the DR at least once and try it out since you guys have already cleared a path and done the recon. I tell I never thought much of DR as a dive destination...

But I have to admit you've piqued my interest.

I'm on my way to LCBR again...(I know.... I can't stay away from that place)
Next year we have to all hook up again and do a liveaboard in Palau or the Solomon Islands....How about Wakatobi. ?? (Let's talk and set something up)

Glad to hear you guys are making the rounds and spreading the love.

Also thanks for sharing your reports with us.

A? I love your pictures. Awesome!!!

Next year we have to all hook up again and do a liveaboard in Palau or the Solomon Islands....How about Wakatobi. ?? (Let's talk and set something up)

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do the Soloman Islands. I got really into all this WWII history after "The Pacific" aired on HBO. All three of those are on our list though!

Excellent report UW BumbleBee! I just purchased 10days in Dreams La Romana in December and will be contacting Diving DR shortly to get arrangements for diving.

Thanks

I should have a trip report on Bayahibe around the second week of September 2010. My wife and I are diving 6 days and 1 night with DRsharky and their crew.

Bumble Bee, very glad your trip went well. I was a little nervous after telling you about our trip since our dive experience was much less than yours. I really didn't want you to be dissapointed. But as I thought, Vlad and Denise are great people and the rest would take care of itself. Thanks for the report.

Troy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom