Trip Report: Oil Rigs [HD Video]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This dive was at Eureka. We headed over to Ellen afterward, and vis was twice as good (80-100'). Of course, I traded the camera for a scooter so no video from that one...

Thanks for watching! Hopefully you can make a trip back out this way soon.

Nice Video, amazing life. Would like to get out there again one of these days. Which rig? Ellen or Eureka?
When I dove them a couple years ago, I found myself tucking between the columns to avoid some of the current.

The rigs are basically a large jungle gym filled with various critters. It's hard to get bored with so much structure and life around you. The scooters add another level of fun as well. Hope to see you when you're back in CA!

Agreed! Watching all that scooter fun does make me miss the freedom of OW & my blue gloves (just a little) :wink:

We were pretty worried about our trip (predicted seas were ugly, but everything worked out). Indeed, just about everything on the rigs (vis, current, life) is unpredictably variable. Some days certainly are better than others. We lucked out with another great trip.

Appreciate you taking the time to watch and comment!

What a difference two weeks can make. We were out there the last weekend in January in pea soup. It opened up nicely at about 125' but above that was green muck. Great video.

As always, I enjoyed another great video that allowed me to dive vicariously with your team. So much growth under the rigs. I knew I would love enjoy your video before I hit hit play.

Thank you for posting the video.

Thanks, Sam! I really enjoyed this charter and was glad to have the camera along. We're headed out for two days at Anacapa this weekend, so hope to get some more footage.

How was your trip?!?!

As always, I enjoyed another great video that allowed me to dive vicariously with your team. So much growth under the rigs. I knew I would love enjoy your video before I hit hit play.

Thank you for posting the video.

How was your trip?!?!
It was wonderful diving, especially the caves and I wish I'd stay. It's rainy and overcast in NYC today. Can't you send some SoCal weather my way?

One of these days when I get half as competent as you in shooting photos and videos, I might be brave enough to post them online. Until them, I'll just enjoy all of yours.

Again, THANK YOU, for posting your video.

Btw, your fan base expects to see the Anacapa video when you return. Safe dives!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom