Trip Report- San Carlos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm jealous.
But, canceled OW class due to low vis? What is the world coming to? Soon, we'll have kids who can't walk to the bus stop to catch the school bus! Weak!

That's missing Dive San Carlos at Hotel Paradiso where you'll find the best instructor in San Carlos.
That's why I said Most. It's not my list. There's also those guys with the big Cat docked behind Marina Terra.

If I had your boat I couldn't stand the trip with Gary's either....lol

I think Piesquita has to be the fastest now?

That's missing Dive San Carlos at Hotel Paradiso where you'll find the best instructor in San Carlos.

Bias much? Lol

---------- Post Merged at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:17 AM ----------

That's why I said Most. It's not my list. There's also those guys with the big Cat docked behind Marina Terra.

If I had your boat I couldn't stand the trip with Gary's either....lol

I think Piesquita has to be the fastest now?

The piesquita is who we use. Great boat and crew.

Yep, I was just adding to the list. :wink:

i think you're right about Piesquita.

---------- Post Merged at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Bias much? Lol

Oh yes, definitely biased. But, he's been teaching way longer than anyone else down there (34 years) and at least 40 percent of his students have gone on to become dive masters and instructors. He's been teaching me now for more than two years and I've had no one better. He also taught more discover scuba students both in the pool and ocean in the state of Sonora last year.

---------- Post Merged at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:17 AM ----------

The piesquita is who we use. Great boat and crew.

i agree, I went with them once.

I see from the original post the temp in the summer is low 80's. My wife and I are moving to Tucson soon and would like to know what the temp in January is? We were looking at homes this past weekend and have already heard good things about Desert Divers.

Our first trip of the year is usually in April with 60-70 degree water. 62-65 this past April, and 66-68 the year before. Sept and oct are great because the air temp is bearable with 80-85 degree water, closer to 85. Once November rolls around, it will start to cool off pretty quickly. I haven't been between June and August.

Thanks OP for the report..

Anyone been there late November? What can one expect temp/ viz wise? Thinking about rolling down for Thanksgiving.

We have been there twice now, once Oct '11 and last July. The October trip was fantastic. However our last trip in July, vis was poor, conditions kind of wild with high winds.

July wasn't normal weather, the wind should have been gone.

i was certified over Thankgiving 2009. I wore a 3 mm and was very comfortable. The water should still be in the lower to mid-70s. It's a nice time to dive. I'm going down there over Thankgiving this year. My birthday is the 19th, so I go down early and stay for about 10 days or so.

Any idea what current temps are? I'll be down next weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom