Trip report Spoilsport in Aug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all -
we just returned from a truly magical trip to Australia from July - Aug. 08.
We dove on the Great Barrier Reef via the Spoilsport liveaboard. This is run from Mike Ball Dive shop. the staff was great and the boat very nice. they had good equipment. Diving was not always with the group - you could do your own thing, or go with a DM. Unfortunately, the weather was not cooperative in the least. We had lots of wind and the visability was only good at best. I would suggest diving at the GBR when the weather is better. We were unable to get to main dive site on the trip because the sea was too rough, and getting in and out of the boat was tough at times. but, I would think that doing the live aboard in a better weather season would be great!
Marcy

Glad to hear you had a good time.

One day I will also do a GBR trip with Mike Ball ... hopefully

bugger about the weather but even with that its good to hear you can walk away saying goods thinks about the dive op

Thanks4Fishy... i think Froggies are booking spoilsport out for a dive trip in October - i cant make it though

bugger about the weather but even with that its good to hear you can walk away saying goods thinks about the dive op

Thanks4Fishy... i think Froggies are booking spoilsport out for a dive trip in October - i cant make it though

Yes they are, but methinks the boat will be overflowing with beer and testosterone, a combination I try and avoid when coupled with diving.

Yes they are, but methinks the boat will be overflowing with beer and testosterone, a combination I try and avoid when coupled with diving.

heheheheh, reason #1 on why i wont be going :wink:

although i told hubby he is welcome to go on it if he likes.... confined space with people isnt my thing

We, also, were on a Mike Ball 4-nighter in August. The wind was high and the seas were rough. I knew it wasn't going to be easy going when they offered to refund our fee (less 40%) or reschedule for anytime within the next two years at no charge. So we knew it was going to be bouncy. And it was.

We were unable to get out to Osprey Reef and several other dive sites were changed due to the conditions. And it was basically cloudy. So underwater looked like dusk due to low visibility and low sunshine.

But the crew was fantastic - always upbeat, cheerful and extremely hard working. I didn't hear a single gripe from the customers, either.

This was our first liveaboard experience and I would highly recommend the Mike Ball gang.

Andy

heheheheh, reason #1 on why i wont be going :wink:

although i told hubby he is welcome to go on it if he likes.... confined space with people isnt my thing

when I went last year the boat was only about 5 short of a full boat, I was alway able to find a quiet spot to read a book when I need space.

Back
Top Bottom