Trip report Utila...#1 a little intro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wearing a rash-guard or something as thin as panty-hose will insulate you from any Caribbean nasty.

Most of us do not look so good in Spandex, so many of us better-fed divers wear a simple Polartec suit. I get a lot of odd looks in my orange cotton one-piece "prison escapee" suit, but it works.

(Better than the looks I would get struggling into pantyhose. Without heels, the look just doesn't work for me)

heels1.jpg

Always carry Benadryl (or Walmart Equate brand). Immediately- slug a couple of those down into you and then go see the Doctor if you must. :doctor:

The only doctor I recommend to my customers is Dr. John at the Community Clinic. He is a bit of a character but a good doctor and if you are worried about a possible confusion of
symptoms with those of barotrauma he is the only one with the necessary experience that I am aware of. Unfortunately John is only open from around 10:30am to when he finishes in the afternoon and not on weekends. It can be the same sometimes with other doctors.

There is an old joke on Utila which says you should take care only to get sick or injured monday-friday!

You have been unlucky with your reaction and sting - we have very few jellyfish problems around the island given the amount of diving that happens. I hope you are feeling better soon and can start diving again!

And although this was a different incident I would like to remind everyone to look up when ascending... you never know what is floating above you!

-r

I have been wearing my full 3.5 ml and its been just right...i always stay comfy and not hot, i just dont suit up till were near the dive site. No big spiders or roaches at my place probably because there are so many geckos and crabs about...dove blackish hills and aquarium today...vis was great, with nudiebranch, parrot fish and a massive Barracuda that vacated its cave shelf when i came in...good diving!
LOL Honduras won their football match with costa rica last night and this place erupted....they so love to beat costa rica!
Been at the Cross Creek cabana for the last 13 days, diving with them and out of UDC some...Saturday i plan to move to Laguna Beach for a week just to do something different for a while and then off to Little Cay for a week. Just wish I knew someone on pigeon cay that would water taxi me in for dives from captain morgan's but so far no one seems to know...id hate to spend my last week snokeling

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom