Trip Report.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ckharlan66

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
This weekend a group of us went to Cerulean Springs in Western Kentucky (sorry K4sdi for you we will call it Central). This is where we finally got organized into our own NDI Chapter. It was great to finally meet several more Scubaboard members and to get to dive with people I had never meet but already consider friends from the board. I look forward to diving with you alot in the future.

Thank you to all the Scubaboarders that were there for making it a great day of Diving.

JBD
Bengalsmgtsucks
Cturtle
Kystork
Socaldiver
K4sdi

I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Chad

WHAT A TRIP. We had a blast this past weekend. CKHARLAN needs to camp with us though. We had a great breakfast. The next BLOWOUT COOKOUT will be the weekend of Sept. 14 at Falling Rock Park A.K.A. Joe Clarks Quarry in LaGrange, Ky.

The owner of Cerulean (Dave) is excited that Lexington is returning to Cerulean. We are working on the 2003 scedule and it looks like we will meet there twice next yr. One of the trips will be the First Sat. in August for his annual treasure hunt.

If anyone wants to see a real big catfish, go no further than Cerulean. He has plenty of 3-4 footers in the 60 + lb. range.
Viz was about 20 ft. this weekend. Water temp. is about 85 degrees.

.......this weekend! Yea, it was nice to finally meet everyone. I have to agree, Cerulean is quite nice, except for the quarry sharks, but I think JBD has figured out that problem. Looking forward to doing it again!

Mark

I have figured out the proper use for the KPPD (Kentucky pirhana protection device) Everyone that dives quarries should go straight to their LDS and buy on before their next dive.

well, except for the 8 hour trip home!!! It was definately a different kind of diving than I'm used to (having to keep track of a snorkler should get me some type of specialty dive)! But he had a wonderful time & can't wait to get certified...
Okay, jbd, what IS the KPPD, how is it used & how much is it gonna cost me? You know that Jim's gonna have to have one. Especially if everyone else does!!

Cindy
:sun:

home safe and sound even though the car didn't make all the way. Hopefully you'll have the car back soon.

Hope to see your son in class in the near future. I also hope he is reading the textbook and working on the workbook.

The KPPD is what I wear to keep the Ky Pirahna from trying to rip my ears off. If you get one soon they won't be too expensive but once the word gets out and demand goes up so will the price!

The KPPD is a hood :)

DITTO!!

It was great to see "old friends" as well as meeting the new.

I had a great time, felt good getting wet again and a special thanks to ckharlan and k4sdi for letting me "tag along".

Next time I will be more equipped to stay over hopefully.

I will probably not get the pics developed until I finish shooting the rest of the roll, when I do maybe we can post the pics, especially the behemoth (sp?) catfish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom