Trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NuttyGambler

Reaction score
Well given I asked so many questions before going I thought I best give at least a little report on how everything went.

We ended up staying at the Brisas as AI folks. Which was real nice for quick fruit breakfast and piece of french toast and juice before dive. And then having a lunch right on the beach area after the dive or the pool later. They will cook ya up a burger or some other made to order special of the day, or you can do the buffet thing. I was not impressed with the buffet food, it was often not very hot and very ordinary. BUT, that being said the little bit more they charge for the AI, with all the drinks and snacks one gets even if you never eat a dinner it is a good deal. With the special food nights and being able to order from the resturant one night we ate there 4 out of 7 nights anyways. More then we expected. Staff was very friendly, but then we tip at AI places too.

Diving: Dove with DP which is right at the hotel, mostly because I was alone, and it is so easy. BUT again a BUT, do pay the $5 more for small boat. You get a much better deal in the long run, you are an experienced diver and want to go on the more adventurous dives go the EDP program. On the small boats they "seem" (not always) try to put the experience level simular for the people on the boat. Not all the dive masters are the same though. A couple where wonderful, one was OK, one I did not care for much.

Meals: Prima's first time eating out, and had the Pasta seafood combo as suggested on here. We have eaten many places, and when I try to think of a better value/flavor/quality in my whole life am unable to think of one. THANKS for the suggestion. Highly recommend

El Moro's good food, staff was friendly as all get out. Great value. It is a simple place.

Pancho's Backyard: I was sick as a dog, night before we left, so nothing smelled or looked good to me. Wife enjoyed her meal. Place is way cool though, will go back in a heartbeat next time when I feel 100%.

Well, as Arnold said. "We will be back"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom