Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW!!! Ive viewed all 55 pages. Amazing!! :worship:Cant wait to see more of your photos. :jumping:
The Sept 18 & 19 pictures, where were they taken? Love them all!!

If you are referring to the upload date, they were taken in Dauin.

I should have provided this link instead of the one above

lucas price's photosets on Flickr

This links to the photos organized by set. Some sets are organized by where we took the photos and other sets are the photos consolidated in to our favorites. My favorites are in the set 'Lucas' favorites'. 'Shannon's favorites' are my wife's. 'Top 75' is also a set my wife is working on.

Must be a seamoth then. Its d pic between d boxer shrimp & pgymy. There are several similar species of d flathead some w/ a longer snout, others differ in d spiny head ridges.
Wow! but i love all ur photos! Please share more when you got the time.
Thank you so much. :))

My understanding from the dive master's is that it is a Seamoth (also goes by the name Pegasus according to one DM). Check out more photos here

so gravity, it'd be interesting to know. From your previous post you decided to choose the PI as your location. Glad to know you had a great time, but did the diving live up to your expectations and how did the prices compare to what you guys were looking for and compared to what other countries offered?

Thanks again for posting this thread.

so gravity, it'd be interesting to know. From your previous post you decided to choose the PI as your location. Glad to know you had a great time, but did the diving live up to your expectations and how did the prices compare to what you guys were looking for and compared to what other countries offered?

Thanks again for posting this thread.

The diving certainly lived up to our expectations. We hope that we can do another trip to the ph next year. We missed Tubbataha and the whale sharks in Donsol because of the time of year we came. We also have never yet seen a manta. So next time we will plan our trip during the first six months of the year so we can try out those places along with returning to one or two favorites. My business is a sponsor of educational activities in a village outside bais city on negros. So we will certainly return to bais city for topside activities which puts us in a convenient location to scuba dive in dauin.

In the philippines we were able to dive within our budget while traveling around to various destinations within the philippines. We could have gone to another country within the same budget, but many other places we would have needed to go to a place where we could get a short term rental and stay at one destination the entire trip to stay within our budget. So I think the philippines was a great choice budget wise. Our non-diving expenses came out to about $60US-$70US per day for two people. That included hotel, food, travel within the philippines, visa extensions, consumables, and some non-diving recreational activities. In total we did 85 dives and I would say when you figure in marine park fees on average it was 1100p-1200p per dive. One place was as cheap as 800p per dive (puerta galera) most were 1000p-1250p plus marine fees.

Can anyone ID this fish for me? I can't remember the name. Thanks,

2870237213_9c3b02f96b_b.jpg

I love it.....we need more Kanos coming to our paradise and talking it up like this....wooHoo!!

If you are referring to the upload date, they were taken in Dauin.

I should have provided this link instead of the one above

This links to the photos organized by set. Some sets are organized by where we took the photos and other sets are the photos consolidated in to our favorites. My favorites are in the set 'Lucas' favorites'. 'Shannon's favorites' are my wife's. 'Top 75' is also a set my wife is working on.

Really WoW! No wonder u put Dauin as one of your favs. After seeing d album, I definitely want to dive there! So elated w/ d angler fish pic!! Beautiful!!

Thanks for the flikr link, Malapascua is still so beautiful!

We also have never yet seen a manta.

:dork2: Also have yet seen a manta... My friends had seen manta/s at Manta-Point, Malapascua. Hope to get lucky (with manta ray/s & again thresher shark/s) this 2nd trip back to Malapascua in Dec... Keeping the fingers crossed... Can't wait to be back! (Agonising 8more weeks to go!)

Have a good trip to Sipadan!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom