Trouble accessing spg when using stage bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001:
Spectre. What kind of gloves are you wearing?

drygloves as well... well, most of the time, and probably not much anymore since I recently relocated to the land of picnic table divers.

Actually, the difference could be that I still have crappy catalina tanks which hang different than luxfers. *shrug*. The more I think about it, the more I'm not totally sure where it ends up, I clip it where it 'goes'... top, bottom, front, back... I -think- it's the vertical-top, horizontal front. I know I clip it off on 'top' before I get in the water, then I unclip it and check it when I reach depth and clip it back on. Not really sure where it ends up from there :wink:

JeffG:
I don't use reels enough to be an expert, but I have used left shoulder, crotch and butt...but never the left waist. But I have no idea if its right.

I know of some folks that have clipped their reel to their stage/deco bottle, but I've always done left d-ring. Ever since I tossed the double ender and tied a bolt snap on, I've never had any issue. Crotch d-ring turns the reel into a 'dangly'. butt d-ring is basically worthless and only there to keep my crotch strap from falling apart. I've not put anything there for years.

Left shoulder d-ring gets in the way of just about everything. right shoulder d-ring gets in the way of my regs when I'm gas switching. Left hip keeps it in reach and out of the way.

As for my camera... you really don't understand how badly floaty it is. It occasionally goes on my crotch d-ring because it floats up between my legs.. but usually it's on my left hip d-ring with everything else, out of the way floating up along my tanks. It's pretty much neutral, but it's neutral with the bolt-snap, so it's not evenly neutral.... I hardly ever take it with me anyway.

Sure sounds like it.

JeffG:
Huh?

Are we having a communication breakdown issue?

Dan Gibson:
Sure sounds like it.
Well, by the end I had no idea what was top and what was bottom. :)

What you described above is how I picture it, so at least we are on the same page.

JeffG:
Well, by the end I had no idea what was top and what was bottom. :)

Dan Gibson:
What you described above is how I picture it, so at least we are on the same page.
Now we just have to deal with the crazies from Europe. :14:

Dan Gibson:
I see that you asked JJ....didn't trust us, did ya? LOL

This was JJ's response to my question.

"This one is a tad goofy. I have found that stages and hip clips are best
placed below the gauge with the gauge on top but if I am using a leash with
multiple bottles that it is best placed at the very top. In this way the
gauge is always reachable. Other configs will work in most cases but
especially when towing a cluster of bottles it is hard to free the gauge if
you allow it to be trapped below the tow leash."

The only thing different than what I learned is the leash position for multiple bottles which seems pretty logical when you think about it. Since I have only carried one stage and immediately drop my O2 in a cave, it hasn't applied to me up to this point.

JeffG:
I see that you asked JJ....didn't trust us, did ya? LOL

kids? I guess I should fill in my birthday on my profile. Actually, someone suggested it would be a topic for JJ on Quest. I just beat the other guy to it.

I figure I might try and put his suggestion to use this weekend.

boomx5:
I tell ya. You feed them, you put shoes on their feet and put them through school and these darn kids just don't listen do they Jeff. :D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom