TRUE TEXAN dies in car accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
Got a bit of sad news folks....

I just received a Private Message from TRUE TEXAN's (Dalton Lane) wife informing me that Dalton has passed away as a result of injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident with a drunk driver. Below is the text of that message:
Sent via Private Message from Sandy Lane to TexasMike
Hello Mike, my name is Sandy Lane, I am Dalton's wife, and I wanted to let you know that Dalton was involved in a head on collision with a drunk driver Saturday afternoon on his way to meet you guys at the scuba shop in Fort Worth, and because of the internal injuries he received he passed away this morning. He was doing pretty good until late last night, and we even brought him his laptop so that he could get on-line and chat with you guys, however he took a turn for the worst in the early morning hours and did not make it through. He wanted me to let you know what was going on and why he never made it down there, and he told me where he had your phone number written down, but I could not find it, so I hope I am doing this message thing properly so that you will get the message. I have been reading some of his old posts for the last few minutes and it is almost like he is sitting here talking to me, he really liked chating with the people on the scubaboard and was very much looking forward to Memorial day weekend with you guys, he loved to help people have fun and has done nothing but work on that darn boat for two months so that it would be perfect for everyone to use at Travis. I know he never got to meet you, but he talked about you like you were one of his best friends, so I know you must be a good person and I would like to thank you for being helpful to him. I was also wondering if you could make a post and let the rest of the scubaboard know what happened, and let me know through Dalton's TRUETEXAN private message box where you post it so I could maybe read the posts that people send back, I could use all the support I can get right now.
Thank You, Sandy
Though I never had the opportunity to meet Dalton in person, I did get the chance to talk to him on the phone several times. He was always very excited and enthusiastic about diving and I always heard about his plans on one one project or another that would improve the enjoyment of other divers. One of these projects included developing a charter for Possum Kingdom lake so that divers would be able to explore some of the more unusual underwater objects/scenery that you cannot get to from shore. And as many of you know, he was also working hard on preparing his pontoon boat for our use at Lake Travis. Dalton was also wanting to participate in the TDI AdvEAN/Deco class that I am taking this weekend (May 17/18/19) as well as the SDI Divemaster class that myself, Tom Vyles, and CavernQT are in.

Unfortunately we have lost one of our own members and this saddens me greatly. So while I offer my condolences, sympathies, and prayers to Dalton's family, I ask all of you to raise a glass of your favorite brew, speak his name, and think a good thought of him.

And if I receive anymore details regarding this, I will pass them along to you.

--TexasMike

Another sad loss. I'll send my thoughts and prayers to the family - (thinking of you Sandy.)

I'm off to the local pub and we'll all raise a glass of various barley based beverages to a close friend never met.

It's sad to lose a fellow diver for any reason, but in such a tragic way. My sympathies and best wishes to Sandy and her family.

I would like to pass on my own condolences as well. I never spoke to TRUETEXAN either on this board or otherwise but I always read his posts. I had hoped to meet him sooner or later.

Very sorry to hear the sad news. My condolences to Sandy and all of her family.:(

Very sad news. My deepest sympathies to Dalton's family. My thoughts are with you.

I will greatly miss the posts by TrueTexan. My prayers are with Sandy and the rest of the family. I will also be praying for the Scubaboard family because I know we will all truly miss him as well. If there is anything the members of the board can do let us know.

Chad

Such terrible news. My hearfelt condolances to Sandy and the rest of his family. I read of his enthusiasm and hard work in preparation for the trip, and it really saddens me that such a caring person could be taken away.

-Simon

My ardent prayers are for you and your family right now.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom