TSA = Idiots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your battery was INSIDE your canister light...you're absolutely right...the TSA are idiots.....this is from their website:

As of January 1, 2008, the Department of Transportation (DOT) through the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) no longer allows loose lithium batteries in checked baggage.

If your battery was INSIDE your canister light...you're absolutely right...the TSA are idiots.....this is from their website:

As of January 1, 2008, the Department of Transportation (DOT) through the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) no longer allows loose lithium batteries in checked baggage.
It wasn't Lithium! And leaving batteries in lights is dangerous anyway.

My all time favorite TSA moment was when they took my rolled up one squeeze left of toothpaste tube. They unrolled it and pointed to the net weight of 4.0 oz and said it was to big and confiscated it. Hey the guy had bad breath so I hope he used it.

I once left a job late and in a hurry to catch my flight. Still had my steel toes on and a brief case full of electronics and meters. Was told to stand over there so as to be thoroughly searched. Waited 10-15 minutes and finally said screw this. Walked thru and went to my flight gate. Never even stopped me. This was at BWI in Baltimore. I have found there is no level playing field when the TSA Twinkies are involved. Too many overzealous agents with a badge. I can understand the knitting needles BS, but what about writing implements that can be used as a pick or spear? The nail clipper file has nothing over my mechanical pencils.:confused: The thing about snow globes is it is a major distraction for a majority of the agents. Like, "ooohhh it's snowing in the little town!!":rofl3:

I refuse to be x-rayed by them. They have to pat me down. I always get called out for an x-ray. They hate the pat downs way worse than I do. I wish everyone would opt out of the scanners, it would make their life sheer hell, especially if you get your traveling partner to video every pat down.

So "lithium batteries" does that include both li-ion and li-po batteries? Theire both lithium and ion based but with notably different technologies...

And yeah, airport security always has been a bit weird to me..

Knitting needles and corkscrews I would actually be able to do significant damage with, but I have a hard time understanding how they intend for me to do the same with a nail clipper even WITH the very short file. Yeah, I guess I can poke you in the eye or go for your neck, but Id definetly take the knitting needles over a nail clipper for that purpose..

They actually checked my laptop for "residues" on my last trip. Guess its a good thing for me I bought it AFTER I retired from the military where I was part of a munitions and EOD team..

"Seriously officer, I just came back from defusing bombs in Afghanistan". Yeah, cause that would "fly" so to speak..

These snow globes are a serious matter. You have no idea how many people terrorists have killed with snow globes.

its hard to detect sarcasm on the internet but i'm going to take a leap and say your comment has to be sarcastic lol

I refuse to be x-rayed by them. They have to pat me down. I always get called out for an x-ray. They hate the pat downs way worse than I do. I wish everyone would opt out of the scanners, it would make their life sheer hell, especially if you get your traveling partner to video every pat down.

I saw someone trying to video the screening process at a TSA counter have an agent demand they put their cell phone away or have it confiscated.

Just can't wait to see the TSA later today on way to the Philippines who knows what fun I'll have.

Oldie but a goodie:

tsa-osama-bin-laden.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom