Tubes tied question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not surprised by advising her to see a psych... not because us women-folk are supposed to want babies, but because it is a major decision and elective surgery (also, from my understanding it tends to really mess up body chemistry - hormones and the like).

I do find it a little disturbing that someone actually has to get a spouse's permission to have such a surgery. One would hope that any relationship that was so dysfunctional that such a huge decision was not discussed beforehand would be doomed anyhow... besides, ultimately it seems like yet another way to ensure some kind of male control over female reproduction and that just creeps me right out.

I love it to the VET......:rofl3: :rofl3:

Most men are afraid that getting fixed will somehow limit their abilites....and I am willing to bet the farm that they have never consulted a Doctor regarding the procedure...

A vasectomy is far eaiser on a man than the tubal ligation is on a woman, less risk involved with a man than a woman...

I decided to have a tubal for my own piece of mind and future health, tubals have the lowest oooops rate of all methods of birth control other than vasectomy which also has a 99.9% sucess rate...it didn't matter to me if I divorced later on (which I did 4 years later). I was finished having children, it's my body and I made a informed decision to assure that I was 99.9% sterile...

catherine96821:
That is assuming a one to one relationship. If 30% of the women opt to be "indiscriminate" over and over, there are plenty of women "to go around".

So..are you saying that most men are not more sexually promiscuous than most women?

I really need to be corrected if I am wrong on this, because I would bet the farm. But..I love to see the light when I am wrong.
Depends on what you mean by "more sexually promiscuous." If there are more men that "fool around" than women, then mathematically those women that do fool around have to have more different partners than the men do. I think we can safely say it this way: In America, there are more men who fool around than there are women who fool around, but on average, the women who fool around do it with more partners than the men do.
As for "most" I think that's regional and societal. When I lived in California my impression was that "most" everybody fooled around; here in Alabama my impression is that it's not most - men or women. But maybe they're just more secretive about it.
Rick

LOL... Rick in the south they are just more discreet about fooling around... folks down south will still shoot each other over adultry....

Rick Murchison:
Depends on what you mean by "more sexually promiscuous." If there are more men that "fool around" than women, then mathematically those women that do fool around have to have more different partners than the men do. I think we can safely say it this way: In America, there are more men who fool around than there are women who fool around, but on average, the women who fool around do it with more partners than the men do.
As for "most" I think that's regional and societal. When I lived in California my impression was that "most" everybody fooled around; here in Alabama my impression is that it's not most - men or women. But maybe they're just more secretive about it.
Rick

Oh yea, I agree with all that you have said.

No, I have lived in the South and in California, and it is definetly more prevalent in California, I think. It is considered very normal unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom