Tubes tied question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheekymonkey

I'm a Goofy Monkey
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My cousin recently had her third child with her husband, and prior to everything informed the doctor that she wanted to get her tubes tied, because they had decided that they only wished to have three children. The doctor required her to speak to a psychologist, as well as a signature of her husband to allow this, Is this legal? I wasnt sure how to react to hearing this, has anyone had similar experiences?

Cheekymonkey:
My cousin recently had her third child with her husband, and prior to everything informed the doctor that she wanted to get her tubes tied, because they had decided that they only wished to have three children. The doctor required her to speak to a psychologist, as well as a signature of her husband to allow this, Is this legal? I wasnt sure how to react to hearing this, has anyone had similar experiences?

<sarcasm>
If you don't want to have as many children as possible, you are clearly mentally unstable -- and that goes double for females, since their whole purpose in life is breeding.
</sarcasm>

lamont:
If you don't want to have children, you are clearly mentally unstable -- and that goes double for females, since their whole purpose in life is breeding.

:shakehead :no

lol seriously, i'm lost, I don't know if its because i'm from the Northeast, and their living down in the midwest, but I just don't understand it.

Sounds like that doctor is stuck in the 70's. I'd get another doctor if that was his attitude.

PS: Lamont, you need the wax slapped out of your ears for that kind of reply.

I doubt its a legal requirement, or that the doctor's behavior is illegal. It may be required by the doctor's insurance. The doctor could also have a quaint sense of things.

I think it depends on your doctor, how old you are, chances of changing your mind after the fact. My Doc was cool about it. IMHO it is my choice not the Doc's and I would be changing.....

lamont:
I went back and added <sarcasm> tags.

:) :daisysmil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom